cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awfull expirience with ROG G751 - How are buyers protected really?

lazzo
Level 7
I bought ROG G751JY, brand new out of the box, never opened.... it was the edition without windows preinstalled.
I installed windows on it to find out that speakers didn't work when volume is incriesed above 20-25%.
After spending 1 week reinstaling windows trying different drivers and all (Cause that series has some sound problems), I decided to make a warranty claim. Then I was told to send the laptop to the official ASUS (ROG) Serbia servis.
After a few days I got a response from them that the device is faulty and that they ordered new parts for the laptop.
After almost a month I got my laptop repaired, 3 parts were replaced, front hingy, speakers extend cable and I think speakers themself.

After getting my laptop back everything was working like it shoud have been since the day one, inbefore they fixed everything I demanded a new laptop because the one I got was faulty out of the box, they refused to do that because 7 (or 9) days have passed since I reported the defect from the day when I bought the laptop.

So after I got my laptop, I started installing programs and games, after running one game that has a BLACK intro screen I noticed that a small chunk of the screen in the bothom right corner had white stain, it was barly visible, and only visible on black background.

As I moved the screen (closing motion) it did change its intensity, but not like the rest of the screen. Then I noticed that the right side of the laptop screen could move to the sides more that the left side but it was so little that I thought that I was overexaguring.

Now after only a month of use from the day I got my laptop back, as I was closing the lid normally like always I heard a crack. Next day I phoned the official ASUS service and send the laptop again to be examined.

Ofcorse some plastics holding screen were broken, and some screw in the laptop got losened up and let the screen have a bit more movement than it should. When I told them that I had the white thing problem when I got it from the servise they told me that the worker that fixed my laptop that time doesnt work anymore, and that its a physical problem and I have to pay around 110 euros for it to be fixed.

My theory is that the person who was putting everything together didn't have much experience (maybe thats the reason he doesnt work there anymore - as I was told).

Now I am asking you, how am I protected against this?
Also I have a list of parts which were replaced, in that list there is part called (front HINGY) which is a part that goes next to the part that holds the screen, and thats on top of "exausts".
Now they told me that the replaced parts DONT HAVE any connection to the part that was broken and I THINK differently.
6 REPLIES 6

sk2play
Level 13
Golly sir lazzo

Does Karma exist in your life?

Duh! Just lighting the mood

Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit

supprimendi_tyr
Level 7
lazzo wrote:
I bought ROG G751JY, brand new out of the box, never opened.... it was the edition without windows preinstalled.
I installed windows on it to find out that speakers didn't work when volume is incriesed above 20-25%.
After spending 1 week reinstaling windows trying different drivers and all (Cause that series has some sound problems), I decided to make a warranty claim. Then I was told to send the laptop to the official ASUS (ROG) Serbia servis.
After a few days I got a response from them that the device is faulty and that they ordered new parts for the laptop.
After almost a month I got my laptop repaired, 3 parts were replaced, front hingy, speakers extend cable and I think speakers themself.

After getting my laptop back everything was working like it shoud have been since the day one, inbefore they fixed everything I demanded a new laptop because the one I got was faulty out of the box, they refused to do that because 7 (or 9) days have passed since I reported the defect from the day when I bought the laptop.

So after I got my laptop, I started installing programs and games, after running one game that has a BLACK intro screen I noticed that a small chunk of the screen in the bothom right corner had white stain, it was barly visible, and only visible on black background.

As I moved the screen (closing motion) it did change its intensity, but not like the rest of the screen. Then I noticed that the right side of the laptop screen could move to the sides more that the left side but it was so little that I thought that I was overexaguring.

Now after only a month of use from the day I got my laptop back, as I was closing the lid normally like always I heard a crack. Next day I phoned the official ASUS service and send the laptop again to be examined.

Ofcorse some plastics holding screen were broken, and some screw in the laptop got losened up and let the screen have a bit more movement than it should. When I told them that I had the white thing problem when I got it from the servise they told me that the worker that fixed my laptop that time doesnt work anymore, and that its a physical problem and I have to pay around 110 euros for it to be fixed.

My theory is that the person who was putting everything together didn't have much experience (maybe thats the reason he doesnt work there anymore - as I was told).

Now I am asking you, how am I protected against this?
Also I have a list of parts which were replaced, in that list there is part called (front HINGY) which is a part that goes next to the part that holds the screen, and thats on top of "exausts".
Now they told me that the replaced parts DONT HAVE any connection to the part that was broken and I THINK differently.

You can return something within 14 days (sometimes it's 30) no questions asked because consumers have human rights against tyranny in America! Remember that next time and tell them to **** the **** off and take them to small claims court if they think they can disagree with your consumer rights!

I'm NOT kidding!

I have noticed that these PC component companies keep putting things off, like mailing you missing parts that were supposed to be in the package you bought, but taking until after the grace period is over before you finally receive them.

IT IS TIME FOR A 'CONSUMER INSURGENCE' BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY AGAINST COMPUTER COMPONENT COMPANIES FOR SUCH PRACTICES!!!

(I personally feel that these company Internet sites that keep hyping overclocking their computer components and then don't pay out customers bad component claims because they overclocked them should be sued in a massive class action lawsuit for purposely leading the public into a deal that they have no option in but economically losing. These PC component component companies are all "overclock this and overclock that," and then they don't want to pay for the all the deceptive advice that they've given to their paying customers. THIS IS WRONG AND MUST BE CORRECTED IN A COURT OF HUMAN LAW!)

sk2play
Level 13
Take a chill pill as Asus hasn't done nothing wrong yet. Let Asus sort it out or at least give them a chance

Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit

lazzo
Level 7
What is ASUS gonna sort here? I had to pay 100e more for a new laptop which isnt my fault....

sk2play
Level 13
As a long time laptop\desktop\printer tech. You need to send it back so it gets fixed correctly. This contractor for Asus messed it up and should be responsible to fix it correctly.

lazzo
Level 7
the question how can I prove that its their fault, cause they just simply say thats its not their fault that its a mechanical defect?