cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Ramcache causes high latency with storport.sys driver

Celador
Level 7
I've noticed that Asus updated ROG ramcache software so i downloaded it and used it just to check out how it works on games.

It actually made Fallout 4 loading times almost instantaneous but after a few hours it causes huge latency spikes with storport.sys driver according to latencymon.

I've been wondering whether anyone else had that issue and found a solution. I've used it on a normal non ssd 2TB disk which i use to store my games but the same thing doesn't seem to occur on an SSD disk which i use for my system. The issue disappears if i switch the ramcache on and off but reappears again after a few hours.
7 REPLIES 7

ChrizDoe
Level 7
i downloaded the new version today (was using the old version until now) and just installed over the old version and now my PC freezes a few seconds after i get to my desktop and a few seconds after that, it just turns off and boots up again... had to go into Safe Mode and uninstall rog ramcache to use my pc again...

Celador
Level 7
Now that did not happen to me. Weird. Could be related to RAM issues. How much memory are you trying to allocate? Don't allocate more than half of what you got.

ChrizDoe
Level 7
i wasnt allocating anything, ramcache was just running in the background i never used it, but i was planning to...

Celador
Level 7
Well the new version installs several different files which did not exist in the older version. Perhaps now that you've uninstalled it you could try install it again just in case it didn't overwrite files properly the last time.

Celador
Level 7
Chino wrote:
Celador list your complete system specifications for me please.

It doesn't matter any more. I've uninstalled newer version and installed older version and the issue is now gone. I've contacted support about this as well.

Just in case you are interested:

6700k CPU
Corsair 32gb 2400Mhz RAM running at 2666Mhz in xmp2
970 gtx
1200W Thermaltake PCU
Asus Maximus VIII Hero with latest bios
1 OCZ Vertex 4 ssd used for system
1 2tb caviar black western digital hdd
1 500gb caviar green western digital hdd

The issue appeared when i was using ramcache with 2tb drive.

Bahz
Level 12
This issue have been corrected on RAMCache latest version 3.01.00. Please download RAMCache V3.01.00 from ASUS support website and install it on your system to fix this issue.