ROG Member Array

G771JW experiencing fps drops

So i recently bought and asus rog laptop, but im experiencing random fps drops in most games from like 130 to 90 and then back to 130. The only thing that makes it smooth is enabling the vsync, although it doesnt work for all games. So, i was wondering if you guys heve experienced the same and if you cant tell me why it happens and how to work it out. Besides that computer runs fine.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array cuniac PC Specs
    cuniac PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G751JY-WH71(WX)
    MotherboardZenith Extreme X399
    Processor1950X Threadripper
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator 2x8GB 3000Mzh
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 780Ti SC
    Graphics Card #2EVGA 780Ti SC
    MonitorASUS VG248QE
    Storage #1256GB 850 Evo
    Storage #23TB Seagate Desktop
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U14S
    CaseThermaltake V71
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860
    Keyboard Razer Chroma Blackwidow
    Mouse Razer Chroma DeathAdder
    Headset Playstation Gold Headphones
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterNetgear R9000
    Accessory #1 Arris TM3402
    Accessory #2 940dn/40up Cable Net

It may depend on what's going on in the game at the time. Most games will fluctuate depending on what it has to render at that time. For example, in Fallout 4 on my desktop on ultra I will pull a solid v-synced 72FPS when I exit the first vault. However, when I go towards the wooded areas, the more dense the trees get it can drop to as low as 40FPS.

The same can be said for all games just depending on the shadows, amount of polygons, players or NPC's on screen at any time will change your FPS. How well the game is coded also plays a factor as WatchDogs for example can jump from 90FPS to 25FPS for no apparent reason at all.

I suppose the real question may be, what was going on in your game when the FPS dropped? Also, on a side note, 90FPS is still amazing. The most your laptop screen will be able to show anyway is 60. Anything above that you will not notice unless you connect externally to a 144hz monitor. If your able to pull consistent 60+ FPS you will benefit in truing on V-Sync unless you have G-Sync then you should do that. V-Sync will cap the screen at about 60FPS and wait for each frame to load to prevent tarring and result in a smoother image. The only time you should have V-Sync off is if your not able to pull at least 60FPS consistently in that title, connecting to a 144hz monitor and that game does not offer 144FPS v-sync, or you have g-sync.

ROG Member Array

the thing is that i experience those drops like an freeze or stutter for 1 sec or less, and its annoying

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Run ThrottleStop. This program can help with Windows related stutters due to inconsistent timing as well as several other throttling issues. Go into the Options and set the AC Timer Resolution to 1 ms. After that click on OK and go back to the main screen.

Click on Set Multiplier and set that to the highest value. Also check off Clock Modulation and Chipset Clock Modulation and make sure both of those are set to 100.0%. Now click on the Turn On button, go play a game and see if there is any difference.

ThrottleStop 8.00
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/p1q40a

ROG Member Array

no changes, although it say my max temperature is 49 C which seems odd

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Post some pics of how you have the program setup.

If your max temperature is 49°C after gaming then you either have excellent cooling or your CPU is not running at its full rated speed. Turn on the Log File option so you have a record of your CPU's performance while gaming. When you are finished, exit the game, exit ThrottleStop and copy and paste the log file data to www.pastebin.com or somewhere convenient and post a link here.

ROG Member Array

i have exactly the same problem has this guy https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...71JW-FPS-Jumps league of legends runs nice at 60 fps with no drops, everything else experiences drops. im starting to think that is some bloatware instaled on the pc.

ROG Member Array

another thing i would like to add is that when i instal a new driver, the games runs smoothly without problems. but after i restart the pc, the fps drops come back