Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

New PC build, Maximus XI Z390 I9 9900k 32g Ram Wont Wake From Sleep

I just finished a PC build and its like all legit and new. High end and working great except for one thing, Sleep. It will go to sleep but it will not wake up. I cants use the mouse or keyboard to wake it up and I have to press the power button which seems to just make lights and fans turn on and the keyboard lights and mouse go on for a min then screens flicker on and off then keyboard and mouse go dark and it seems to reboot after long time and the thing just seems to reboot and all is well but its not sleep. I have hybrid sleep off via windows 10 pro and I have hibernation off manually via command prompt. I have settings right and everythings updated to latest bios and everything..

Drivers are updated. I have tried sfc /scannow and all sorts of things even a windows clean install.. I am out of options. I have bios settings right or default and usb devices do get power in S5 state or sleep. sigh.... I need sleep man.... My pc needs to sleep I dont turn it off except for when I am off it for a day or two.

ROG Member Array Vlackrs PC Specs
    Vlackrs PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maxmus Hero VIII Bios 0002
    ProcessorIntel Core i5 6500
    Memory (part number)Kingston 1x8gb
    Graphics Card #1Asus 760 OC edition
    MonitorSamsung 32"
    Storage #1Kingston 120gb SSD
    Storage #22tb saegate
    CPU Cooler240m CM
    CaseCorsair 550D
    Power Supply720 CM Silent Pro v2
    Keyboard Razer DeathStalker
    Mouse Razer Naga Molten
    Headset Kingston hyperx cloud II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

I found that this problem is caused by the driver MEI from intel, install the first driver(2015 i believe) from that mobo and will work i had some problems with black screen on the shutdown and stuck on logo randomly happening, its fixed now.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them

Quote Originally Posted by bradbergeron View Post
    I just finished a PC build and its like all legit and new. High end and working great except for one thing, Sleep. It will go to sleep but it will not wake up. I cants use the mouse or keyboard to wake it up and I have to press the power button which seems to just make lights and fans turn on and the keyboard lights and mouse go on for a min then screens flicker on and off then keyboard and mouse go dark and it seems to reboot after long time and the thing just seems to reboot and all is well but its not sleep. I have hybrid sleep off via windows 10 pro and I have hibernation off manually via command prompt. I have settings right and everythings updated to latest bios and everything..

Drivers are updated. I have tried sfc /scannow and all sorts of things even a windows clean install.. I am out of options. I have bios settings right or default and usb devices do get power in S5 state or sleep. sigh.... I need sleep man.... My pc needs to sleep I dont turn it off except for when I am off it for a day or two.
    Since 1809 and part of 1803, sleep functions are broken or appear to be broken. I discover some issues on windows. I think many all ready notice these on certain scenarios. I am running original last asus drivers with the last CodeXi bios. Some other issues as come that i am recording to make sure is not a hardware issues. BUT! since you are running a samsung NVME. check the new 3.1 driver and test. I have the windows drivers running for the moment. since i do not sleep my pc. i just turn off the monitors. Check that first if it helps. https://www.samsung.com/semiconducto...ownload/tools/
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2