cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Hero won't wakeup after sleep

BJBBJB
Level 7
I have a fresh windows 10 Pro install on this system which hopefully shows in my profile (basically the Hero with a Samsung Pro 950 and i7 6700K). I have the wired Microsoft 4000 keyboard and wireless Logitech MX master mouse both set under power management to "wake the PC". This worked with a different motherboard and hard drive (but same mouse and keyboard) under Windows 7 pro.

I have hybrid sleep and hibernate turned off which I always do. It does got to sleep. And sometimes it does wakeup if I hit a key on the keyboard. But other times, it won't. Nothing will wake it up and I hit the power button, and it does a fresh boot restart. But I don't get a message that it crashed or anything....it just seems like a cold boot. The first few times I thought I must have just shut down by mistake. But now, it is clear that this is happening at times. Now this time for sure it happened when it went to sleep by itself. Sometimes I will force "sleep" with the menu item in windows. Not sure if it works one way vs. the other yet.

But any other settings in the bios or anything I should check?

Other than that liking the system build so far!

Thanks,
BJBBJB
12 REPLIES 12

Menthol
Level 14
I have had the same thing happen, I don't know if this is what fixed this issue for me but it hasn't happened in a while, in Windows power plan I disabled USB selective suspend settings, I also entered never for turn the hard drive off, and all powers saving wireless, desktop back ground etc. My PC still sleeps but wakes by hitting the taskbar every time.

Chino
Level 15

BJBBJB
Level 7
Menthol, thanks I will try that.
Chino, I do have AI Suite installed, the latest version from a few weeks ago (when it went live, not as a beta).
I am still running at stock.

This AM it went to sleep, woke up just fine tonight. No rhyme or reason.

BJBBJB

Chino
Level 15

BJBBJB
Level 7
It looks like changing the hard drive to "never turn off" solved this issue. I forgot to sync that up (or make it never) when I changed the sleep time. Thanks for the reminder on that.
BJBBJB

I have been desperately trying to solve the "not waking up from sleep." I have tried all the suggestions mentioned in this thread, including booting up with just one RAM stick and getting a successful post. Nothing is working. I have even updated the BIOS version to the latest via ASUS support and download. I am really at a loss here and would really appreciate some guidance from ya'll.

System spec:
*ASUS Maximus Hero VIII ROG
*Intel i7 6700K
*G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) F4-2400C15Q-32GRR
*EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX
*SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 2280 256GB
*Win 10 Pro

doctorwho999920 wrote:
I have been desperately trying to solve the "not waking up from sleep." I have tried all the suggestions mentioned in this thread, including booting up with just one RAM stick and getting a successful post. Nothing is working. I have even updated the BIOS version to the latest via ASUS support and download. I am really at a loss here and would really appreciate some guidance from ya'll.

System spec:
*ASUS Maximus Hero VIII ROG
*Intel i7 6700K
*G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) F4-2400C15Q-32GRR
*EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX
*SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 2280 256GB
*Win 10 Pro

Have you tested your system at stock?

Chino wrote:
Have you tested your system at stock?

Yes, and I am running the latest BIOS as offered thru the Download center.
Version 3703
2018/01/15

My system has been starting at 40 Q Code and stays there. Right now all seems fine (as I type this thru my system) until make it go to sleep.

I was having the same issue...

Samsung m.2 is not compatible with raid mode. I disabled raid mode (it was called intel something or other and gave me a warning I could lose data, but I am pretty sure that was just because it would not have the auto backup function) on my pro 970 and undated the bios on the m.2 drive just over a week ago. Now it wakes up every time I move my mouse or type on the keyboard.