cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752 Audio jack questions

Tidbits
Level 9
Ok for the life of me I don't know how to separate the sound from headphones and the speakers. When i split them no audio comes out of the speaker jack. Anyone know any recommendations?
9 REPLIES 9

toronto699
Level 13
maybe this is usefull
http://www.pcnexus.net/2013/11/how-to-use-combo-audio-jack-on-laptops.html
if not let me know , I hate combo jacks , cheap thing to do on a 2000$ laptop

Tidbits
Level 9
I don't see those options. I think I might need to go USB to split them

toronto699
Level 13
Search for , Realtek HD Audio Manager , in the search bar in lower left , it could be in the hidden icons in lower right , RealTek HD Audio Manager icon looks like a speaker

Tidbits
Level 9
I don't see a way to split them at all looking through there sadly. It'll separate them under front and rear, but you can't separate the sounds that come default. It's all or nothing for both.

Tidbits, If what you mean is hook your laptop to a home theater system with separate front and rear audio pairs plus center and subwoofer, you can do so by using the 3 jacks. You must use 3 pcs stereo 3.5mm to RCA cables and insert them to the 3 jacks. Then you must configure the jack nearest you as front speakers, the next jack as center/sub speaker out, and the last as rear speaker out. The left channel of the middle jack is for center and the right channel is for sub (White L /Red R). You can select headphone or speaker for the front, it does not matter, but you have to select rear speakers for the last jack, otherwise, if you select headphone, it will just duplicate the output of the front speaker.

Using this setup, you can use front jack for headphones and rear jack for stereo component system for a surround sound system. if you just want plain stereo using 2 pairs of outputs, then select headphone for the rear jack. And select quad speaker configuration. And also, if you want 5.1 channel, you must also select 5.1 speaker configuration for it to work.

Tidbits
Level 9
When I do it that way like you mention no audio comes out of the rear no matter what I do. I want to split the audio from my headphones and the speakers I use. The only way to do that is to use a USB headphones or use a software based solution which I am too lazy to configure again like I did with my last laptop. I gave in and purchased a USB headphones and not look back.

I did some experimenting just now. I hooked up a pair of earphones to the headphone jack (nearest to you) and configured it as headphone. I then connected my Vox Soundbox mini to the line out jack (farthest from you) and configured also as headphone. Speaker configuration configured as stereo. Any sound played by the headphones, also plays in the vox amp. Laptop speakers disabled of course. If I configure the rear line out as rear speakers and select quad for the speaker configuration, In youtube videos, I get normal sound for the headphones but for the line out, the vocals are cancelled out so you only hear instruments or music. It's like a minus one track.

Tidbits
Level 9
yah that's the exact problem I was having and there was no way to change it without either a software solution splitting it OR using bluetooth headset. I wish we had more control or at least more options through their Sonic Studio to split the audio.

Try plugging it to front and rear jacks, set front and rear jacks as headphones. And select Quadrophonic for speaker setup. What you hear on your front headphones should also be duplicated by your rear headphones which I assume you will connect to an external amplifier. Note that the sound config will change settings after you click ok on the popup window when you connect your headphone.