cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change PCIEx8_4 from x4 to x8 after remove M.2 ?

cloud66
Level 7
i have 4 GPU and after i put my M.2 and change the PCIEx8_4 from Auto to M.2 in the bios

PCIEx8_4 now is x4 and my last GPU don't work x4

so i remove that M.2 and change the PCIEx8_4 from M.2 to Auto in the Bios

but it still work on x4

so now how i can to change it to x8 ?

my CPU: 5960x
and quad GTX 980
4 REPLIES 4

coyi1895
Level 10
Oops, didn't see.

Tried pressing the CMOS button at the back?

coyi1895 wrote:
Oops, didn't see.

Tried pressing the CMOS button at the back?

i did i even update the bios and it still work on x4

Welcome to the R5E slot shuffle. lol

I couldn't get the 2 16 slots working in a 16/16 and have my soundblaster in.

After the trouble I had with 2 GPU's and a soundcard I pray for your soul I really do. lol

The only setting I'm aware of that relates to the 8_4 slot and M2 is in the Advanced settings where you can switch it between the PCI slot or the M2, usually its on Auto and 'should' disable the m.2 slot when 8_4 is occupied.

They only other thing I can remember is you can set the PCI generation for each slot manually, in system agent I think it is (so much stuff in this bios I forget.) though it 'should' (I use comas a lot with this board) auto detect unless set manually.

What does it say in GPU post when you have all cards in?

Other than that make sure your cards backside of the slot haven't flipped up out of the pci slot when you screwed them down.

coyi1895
Level 10
I go along with that. Try re-seating the GPU in the last slot. When I added another GPU in and even though it felt solid, it still wasn't quite in the slot as I thought it would be. In the BIOS, shows up as nothing and after making sure it's in, came up.