cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4k monitor

shaithes
Level 7
I have a gaming rig and I’m looking to upgrade my monitor to something in the 4k variety. I’m not sure which route to take. I’m looking at the new Asus monitors that are coming out. The Asus PG279Q and the Asus PG27AQ. Both are IPS and support G-Sync. The PG279Q has a resolution of 2560x1440 and a refresh rate of 144Hz. The PG27AQ has a resolution of 3840x2160 but a refresh rate of only 60Hz.

My current system has a Core I7 3820 on an Asus Sabertooth x79, 32GB of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM, an Nvidia Geforce 980GTX, and an Asus VG236H 1080p monitor with a refresh rate of 120Hz.

First off, do I have enough under the hood to run both or either of these 4k monitors in a gaming situation? I play all sorts of games from FPS to MMO’s. What kind of effect will the different refresh rates make as far as gaming experience? Finally, if I upgrade to the monitor with the lower resolution, will I notice much of a difference (graphically) from my current 1080p monitor? I’d appreciate any advice or suggestions you can give.

Thanks.
0 REPLIES 0