cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoebus driver 8.1.1.35 without Sonic Studio Pro?

Rusher
Level 7
Hello!

Today I formatted my PC and installed as fresh copy of Windows 8.1 x64.

I went to the Phoebus Driver section, as I always do and downloaded the most recent windows 8.1 x64 driver: the driver version 8.1.1.35

SURPRISE!!! ...AND WHAT A BAD SURPISE!!!

Sonic Studio Pro is no longer available in the package!

So now, I have a crappy sound with that crap of "ROG Xonar phoebus Software"

Why remove the Sonic Studio Pro from the driver??

Is there a link where I can download the previous package?

Will Asus Support team verify this and correct this?

Say something..
12 REPLIES 12

Rusher
Level 7
So, if you want the driver with Sonic Studio Pro, the one that was removed from the asus Website,

It's available here http://www.touslesdrivers.com/php/co...p?v_code=45610

Why did they removed the driver? Don't know...

Hope this would help the ones that are lost in this, like I was. :cool:

oG_kill3r
Level 7
Sonic studio was terrible i'm glad its gone !

lol same here , Rusher u on crack or what ? so much more options and better sound without that crapy ass sonic studio , reason why they took it out ..

Florin
Level 7
Actually the Sonic Studio has ENC (noise cancelation) for my Xonar Mic while on the Phoebus standard control i have only Beam forming which is garbage. This is the only reason i keep Sonic Studio Pro installed.
i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

Florin wrote:
Actually the Sonic Studio has ENC (noise cancelation) for my Xonar Mic while on the Phoebus standard control i have only Beam forming which is garbage. This is the only reason i keep Sonic Studio Pro installed.

That´s not true, If you have connected your headset and if you choose ROG command in headphone tab you will see Enable ENC, so it´s working and for me the voice is also clear.

Florin
Level 7
For me it doesn`t show ENC ...
i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

oG_kill3r
Level 7
Looks like ENC to me ?

Florin
Level 7
And this is what i have, i need the Sonic Studio Pro to enable ENC. Lucky for me the new driver does not remove the old software, so i get the best of both worlds.

Glasofruix
Level 8
You have to plug your mic into the rog command thingy for enc to work.