cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result mismatch. System Unstable. HALT!

demoncamber
Level 8
What does this generally mean? Any idea how to figure out what the issue is with this error message? Is there a log or something that can help see what party of hardware could be potentially unstable?
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hello demoncamber

You got it, your system is not fully stable.

Are you overclocking any of your hardware?

Boy am I! 😄
Ok, so there's no further info there, just basically keep making changes and run another test?

Nate152
Yeah :cool:

if you're overclocking your cpu I'd start by gradually adding a little more vcore until you can pass the test.

Nodens
Level 16
There is no way to tell exactly what is failing. Same with all stress tests around. Use proper overclocking methodology by starting at stock and pushing one thing at a time. If you overclock everything at the same time you'll be running around circles trying to find the cause of instability.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

chrsplmr
Level 18
demoncamber -- Welcome to ROG.

How about listing your system specs and CpuZ screen shots (one of cpu, one of memory)
This could be helpful to help. .c.

demoncamber
Level 8
Ok so, I went and turned all my OC settings back down to stock, and I'm still getting this error. No matter what setting or voltage I change everything to, around the 15 min mark I'll get the error while stressing. I tested my ram with HCI memtest and all is OK.
I'm not getting random BSOD's or anything, I'm stable for the most part. Could there be a flaw in the program? Also, when you stress test, when luxmark opens up, I notice that the GPU box is checked but my CPU box is not, is there a reason for this? And can you check off whatever box you want depending on if you're trying to test just DRAM or just CPU and not both at same time?
Actually looks like my CPU revision is PH-EO, so that seems like it could be the issue, no? How do I go about stress testing with RB and knowing what is a legit issue? Would it give a different message?

Specs:
All parts brand new:
X6 1090T AM3 CPU PH-EO
Crosshair Formula V Z
16GB DDR3 Gskill SNiper 2400 dram
Asus Strix R9 390 GPU
1000w OCZ Fatality 80+ gold PSU

Nodens
Level 16
Replied on the other thread.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

demoncamber
Level 8
Hey guys, so is the new 2.42 fixing this issue? Also the new download link doesn't work for anyone anymore, says it's over the limit of downloads.

chrsplmr
Level 18
dc .. how about 2 cpuZ screen shots .. cpu/memory .. and how about bios settings main/memory timings if you wouldn't mind ?? .c.