cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaster RMA experience. Where is my graph card?

cvcc86
Level 7
Here is my tracking number UPS 1Z5R579T0394992087.
I did RMA to my strix 980 about 3 month ago. But is dead recently so I did RMA again. It has been delivered in repair centre for about 4 days but the repair status still showing nothing. OMG. How long do I need to wait to get my card back? Where is my card?! That experience really suck. I still didn't hear any damn news about my card. I might should go for evga. The warranty service is first.

Update:
On Friday, Asus replied my email which I sent to them on Monday that they started the repair.
I want to clarify something here.
Idk why some guys think I am spoiled. What is not acceptable to me is that why Asus didn't tell me they received my card until the card has been actually delivered for 5 days? I shipped out my card 11/22, which could have been delivered earlier if Asus didn't close their service during Thanksgiving. But that is ok. Nothing wrong with it. On 11/30, the card was delivered. But the RMA status record showed they didn't receive the card until on 12/4. And they told me on Friday that my card was just under repair. I am pretty sure it will take them another week to ship out the card cuz they just start the repair. So far, 2 week has passed but my desktop is still down cuz it doesn't have a video card.

Update:
On Monday, I got a email from asus which is about they promise to ship out my card on Wednesday if everything goes as planned. Well, you know today is Wednesday but appearly things going not as planed. They still didn't tell me weather they fixed it or not. Sigh. I might need to wait another 2 days. What painful.

Update: Asus told me that they will try to ship out my card on Thursday and make sure that my graph card truly works. Ok, I might be able to get my card on next Monday. Half month passed....

Update: Asus sent me a email and shipped out my card today but there is a little story behind that... I just quoted that which come from part of the email. "I have packaged the unit for shipment. The first new in box unit was not working properly but the second one I tested was perfect. The tracking number for your unit as it ships back to you is Fedex. I have it set to ship 2-day with Saturday delivery and there will be a signature required. " Feel curious that why the first new in box doesn't work. Interesting. Anyway, they ship out my card with Fedex 2-day, which means I can get my card on Saturday. Next update will be my last post. Plus, seems like they replaced my card though they didn't tell me whether they repaired or replaced it.
Final update: I got my card back today. They sent me a new replacement, which come with new box and accessories. It might be a certified replacement but who care as long as it works. The card passed several test such as fire strike, which is perfect. So that is pretty much all.
20 REPLIES 20

cvcc86
Level 7
@ASUS
I sent 2 emails to asus contact two days ago but didn't get any **** back from them yet. So far I am already desperate to ASUS. Right now I just want my card back no matter it's fixed or not. What ridiculous.

Bahz
Level 12
Hi cvcc86,

Could you please PM with the following information?

-RMA#
-Full name
-Email
-Contact number

Thanks,
Bahz

Bahz wrote:
Hi cvcc86,

Could you please PM with the following information?

-RMA#
-Full name
-Email
-Contact number

Thanks,
Bahz

I messaged you about all the information

Update 5 days still didn't get any news back.

Update: I got a email from asus which is about my card is under repair. Interesting that they are trying to repair the dead card instead of just mailing me a new replacement. . Now,I begin to worry about the card they will send me. They have to know that this card had been repaired but dead only after 3 month even with out any OC or heavily using. I will update post after I get my card.

Update:
Thanks god. The repair status finally updated today. The receive date shows 2015/12/03 while my video card is delivered on November 30th. Lol. I am glad that they did get my video card. I might still need to wait about another 3 days for them to get my card
shipped. But what I worry now is how they gona fix it. After reading many posts about Asus RMA which are negative mostly, I really wish I could get a well worked card which doesn't have damages. We will see on next week.

Korth
Level 14
I've never had to deal with Asus RMA before, personally. Technical quality appears to vary a little from region to region. Service quality (customer support and RMA approval response) appears to be entirely inconsistent from region to region.

But I suspect they'll ensure any cards they service and rebuild will comprehensively pass every test they can possibly perform, to be personally inspected and checked and rechecked in finest detail. It costs Asus too much in labour and shipping charges (and lost revenue from dissatisfied customers) to gamble with substandard product output. So I suspect your unit will not be worse than a random QC piece from the factory.

You'd think they'd give you a few ROG stickers or something to apologize for any inconvenience, lol.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

This lesson teach me that warranty service should be first consideration. I think I am done with Asus now. They still didn't ship me a worked card and they tell me they are still trying to repair my card instead of sending me a new replacement. If I went EVGA, EVGA would have sent me a new replacement about 2 days ago and I would have got my desktop working now. Anyway, thanks Asus to give me a good lesson to know how to choose a good brand of graphic card:). This is not a lesson for only me. It's for everyone here.

Korth wrote:
I've never had to deal with Asus RMA before, personally. Technical quality appears to vary a little from region to region. Service quality (customer support and RMA approval response) appears to be entirely inconsistent from region to region.

But I suspect they'll ensure any cards they service and rebuild will comprehensively pass every test they can possibly perform, to be personally inspected and checked and rechecked in finest detail. It costs Asus too much in labour and shipping charges (and lost revenue from dissatisfied customers) to gamble with substandard product output. So I suspect your unit will not be worse than a random QC piece from the factory.

You'd think they'd give you a few ROG stickers or something to apologize for any inconvenience, lol.

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Wow people in the US are quite spoiled. There's definitely no way any company is better than EVGA for warranty service for hardware components, I'm sure most would agree. However in your case if they did receive it on Nov 30, you actually only waited 4 business days for the replacement. Now that you know you're getting it back in about 3 days or possibly less, you're actually only waiting the normal amount of time it takes to process an RMA request. In Canada, I sent back my EVGA card for RMA and it took 8 business days for me to get the replacement and that's actually really fast. I'm just a bit surprised to hear someone come on the forum to complain when they only waited a few days and then make a statement about how bad the service is. This being the second replacement means you probably did get pretty unlucky with the last replacement but these things can happen. Just reading through everything doesn't sound anything like a disaster RMA experience to me.