cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CyberPower BlizzCon 2010 Grand Prize (from a winner's PoV)

TheSobeGuy
Level 7
Thanks to the ASUS guys, one of the reps suggested that I should talk about the beast that I won playing the Starcraft II Psi Assault Challenge @ BlizzCon.

When the package arrived, I don't know if this system has been set to overclock, but I don't think it is. The i7 is pretty fast, 1 TB of HDD is too much to store (awesome though), the 8 fans light up blue (glows in the dark, enough to light the room), and just recently installed WoW. I had to buy a digital widescreen LED monitor for it to look good. The FPS on Starcraft II on ultra settings gameplay is way better than my old one. From 30 fps on low-medium settings to 75-125 fps on ultra settings, this computer is well worth the win.

Just one question to Brian Jang: Was this system overclocked before it was shipped? If it isn't, it's okay because I don't need to overclock anyway. I like it just the way it is.

ASUS ftw!
Current specs (via CPU-Z)

i7 @ 950 3.07 GHz
ASUS Rampage III Gene
16 GB DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

39 REPLIES 39

Retired
Not applicable
Awesome sobe! got any pics? I didnt get the chance to personally see the machine or turn it on. can you take some pics of the inside so we can see what you got? if you want, im sure we can teach you how to overclock it easily. glad you like the Powered by ASUS system from CyberPower!

Feast your eyes on this beast!

i7 @ 950 3.07 GHz
ASUS Rampage III Gene
16 GB DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

ottoyu34
Level 9
If you want to check if it's overclocked. Download CPU-Z and it will display a lot of info about your rig.

Enjoy the rig and better run it on at least a 24" for it to stretch it's power.

What Blu-Ray software/program should I install for this system?

i7 @ 950 3.07 GHz
ASUS Rampage III Gene
16 GB DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

pcjunkie209
Level 9
A buddy of mine just bought cyberlink power DVD for his bluray drive he likes it
"I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://Pcjunkiemods.com
http://c2cmods.com

Now I'm curious since my beast is almost a year old:

While I play Starcraft II, I don't like it when I get disconnected in the middle of a game I am about to win (90% of the time). So I have to restart the computer, but it doesn't! Whenever I'm about to get D/Ced, I hear very rapid sounds. Maybe it's the computer, or my AT&T provider. However, when I turn on my computer (whenever a restart fails), my internet is fine...

What's going on?

i7 @ 950 3.07 GHz
ASUS Rampage III Gene
16 GB DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

xeromist
Is the computer itself actually locking up, or just the game? What I mean is, can you alt+tab and kill the game without the whole computer crashing/freezing? If it's just the game locking up have you tried reinstalling it? Have you had ATT do a diagnostic on your connection to see if there is anything wrong?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

When I won this computer, and received it in the mail, Starcraft II was already installed for me. It's not the game that's been acting up, it's the computer itself. I can alt+tab out of Starcraft II no problem. Maybe my wireless connection program or USB tends to freeze somehow since I try to restart the computer, and it won't do so fast enough...

i7 @ 950 3.07 GHz
ASUS Rampage III Gene
16 GB DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

xeromist
So the computer is still running normally, except for the game, but something is blocking it from shutting down? If you are able to get out of the game OK I would ctrl+alt+del and look at the processes tab to see if anything is still consuming resources after you kill the game. That might help point you to the problem. Also you can look in the windows event log to see if anything shows up there. It doesn't always provide useful information, but when it does that is way easier than anything else you could do to test.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…