cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAMMIT! Overvoltage error again after restart during W10 Install

SB_NL_
Level 9
WTF is going on ASUS!

If I get a heart attack and die due to this message my ghost is gonna hunt you guys forever 😄

Now serious...
I'm getting a bit pissed off about this error.
This time I didn't change ANYTHING, just happend after a restart.
And again the overvoltage showed 1.84 on my CPU while the customizable settings showed 1.29 something.
It looks like it took the CPU inputvoltage and set it as CPU Core voltage.

So 2 things could have happened in my opinion:
1. It reads the wrong voltage and gives a wrong error
2. I reads the wrong voltage and writes it to the wrong voltage setting.

There are to many people who had this error, perhaps it is time for you guys and take responsibility and figure this
out.

We don't wanna blow our 1000$ CPU because of a simple bug that's been here for ages.
And we don't wanna get a heart attack due to a faulty error message.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS DAMMIT!

Ok now I got this off my chest, i'm gonna try to find my normal Zen state of mind again,
where all people are nice, forgiving and helpful 😄
11 REPLIES 11

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Which BIOS are you on?

And has this happened to you before? If so, which BIOS were you using?

1701 and also on previous versions don't remember but it should be somewhere on this forum 😄

Hawkstorm
Level 7
Simple way to know if its set that voltage on your cpu enter bios and look at the voltage, TBH if your getting that error then the VR has tripped so its likely its at that voltage.

Are you auto volting, manual or adptive etc?

And which board do you have the 3.1 version with the USB card or the standard R5E?

I have gotten this error 3 or 4 times. I've had it at least once on each bios rev I have had installed.

I have nothing overclocked using default settings. I have the standard R5E with 1502.

cram501 wrote:
I have gotten this error 3 or 4 times. I've had it at least once on each bios rev I have had installed.

I have nothing overclocked using default settings. I have the standard R5E with 1502.
If not overclocking I would have bought the cheapest
X99 board that fulfills all my needs from gpu / memory / connection and storage amount/speed and not a Rampage R5E 🙂

Could have spent that money on other nice things, like games or high speed PCI-e storage 🙂

'SB[NL wrote:
;558687']If not overclocking I would have bought the cheapest
X99 board that fulfills all my needs from gpu / memory / connection and storage amount/speed and not a Rampage R5E 🙂

Could have spent that money on other nice things, like games or high speed PCI-e storage 🙂

I already have an Intel 750 and it's water cooled. I just haven't got around to playing with the over clock yet. I want to give it some tome to ensure it's stable.

Hawkstorm wrote:
Simple way to know if its set that voltage on your cpu enter bios and look at the voltage, TBH if your getting that error then the VR has tripped so its likely its at that voltage.

Voltage on my CPU is exactly as I manually put it: 1.29375

Are you auto volting, manual or adptive etc?

Manually (bought mine September 2014)

And which board do you have the 3.1 version with the USB card or the standard R5E?

Standard R5E

BTW everything is back to "normal"...until the next overvoltage error that is....

GoNz0-
Level 10
'SB[NL wrote:
;556773']
DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS DAMMIT!

They have your money and don't give a ****.

Not seen official support in here for weeks. UK support are only capable of claiming they have forwarded your problem on and then you never hear back