Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle View Post
    I'm glad you went for the X34 instead of waiting for this paper launch. Hoping many more people follow suit.
    I did own it for 13 days, but then I returned it. Everything was great except for the Anti-Glare coating. The coating had a defect in the middle of the monitor that made it look like there was a scratch. The coating was either mis-applied or wasn't allowed to dry completely before they moved it. I ended up returning it for my money back. I was pretty annoyed. All the technical parts that I worried about were great, and it was just one small physical issue that ruined the whole thing. How hard is it to apply the coating correctly????

I am of the mind that when spending $1300, you should be getting a perfect product that performs as advertised.

ROG Member Array

Long gone are the days of customer care, its all about profits and more profits, and if a panel can be made cheaper to get even more profits the Asus ROG brand will certainly persue this avenue. BLB should not be happening, if people accept it, the same manufacturing process will be used next time so nothing will change. In your example, thats just poor QC and should not happen, but as I say they probably saved a few $ from the manufacturing process and in turn will make them more profit. You voted with your wallet and got the X34, I did the same.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle View Post
    Long gone are the days of customer care, its all about profits and more profits, and if a panel can be made cheaper to get even more profits the Asus ROG brand will certainly persue this avenue. BLB should not be happening, if people accept it, the same manufacturing process will be used next time so nothing will change. In your example, thats just poor QC and should not happen, but as I say they probably saved a few $ from the manufacturing process and in turn will make them more profit. You voted with your wallet and got the X34, I did the same.
    *Edit: had to fix some typos*

I did vote for my wallet for the x34, however, it failed as I explained so I had to return it. I haven't taken the chance on the PG348q mostly because I haven't had the opportunity to do so. I had my pre-order in Amazon and was told several different dates that it would be back in stock only to be disappointed and that's why I took a chance on the x34. It was in stock at a nearby retail store. If the coating had been fine, it would have been a perfect monitor, but close only counts in horse-shores and hand grenades.

Keep in mind this: The PG348Q and the X34 are the exact same monitor, they are just distributed by two different companies. If you buy one or the other, you should NOT settle for any defects. You should also NOT send a brand new item to be "serviced" it should be returned in full for your money back.

At this point I am back to using my 28-inch ASUS PB287Q(2160p) monitor which has worked great for over a year now. I got it for $450 and it has performed wonderfully. I may just invest the monitor money into a new Pascal card if it's performance can beat out my Titan X.

New ROGer Array

Returned my PG348Q last night.

http://i.imgur.com/43vlBDB.jpg

The bottom left was yellow on white web pages. The other three corners were fine and the little bit of glow on the top was not noticeable at all.

I'm at a loss now ... do I try again on a PG348Q or just say screw it and stick with 60hz monitors until a company with some pride in its flagship products makes a higher refresh alternative? Microcenter took it back, but these things are a pain to unpack/setup just to go through the disappointment.

I have to agree with the sentiment that you should NOT be servicing a brand new item. Especially a top of the line one. Imagine if you bought a premium brand car and it needed a new motor on the first day.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15