Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kylis View Post
    I Imagine the fiasco with the PG279Q has ASUS going over these with a fine toothed comb. Or at least I hope that is the case. I can wait if it means a near guarantee of a perfect monitor.

Though I WISH ASUS would let us know something, give us a heads up. Their patient customers.
    you would be disappointed if you think you might get a perfect monitor no matter what you will always get back light bleed on monitors especially with newer monitors so far from what i heard about this monitor is that it has coil wine and a bit of back light bleed just be ready for anything
    I7 6700k , Corsair H110i GT Liquid Cooler , Corsair AX860i PSU , Corsair platinum dominator 16gb DDR 4 3200, Asus Strix Oc 980ti , Asus MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA , Samsung 950 PRO 256GB's M.2 SSD

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggyjeff View Post
    no matter what you will always get back light bleed on monitors
    No. Buying a $300 IPS monitor you don't experience BLB at all. So don't defend Asus and their laughable QC like it'd be something as normal as IPS glow.

ROG Enthusiast Array

As I said before, the amount of BLB has more to do with it being bleeding edge technology and the failure rate of panels being higher than lower tech panels.

New ROGer Array Xephvn PC Specs
    Xephvn PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VII Impact
    ProcessorI7-4790k
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb 2400mhz
    Graphics Card #1Asus Matrix Platinum 980 Ti
    MonitorPG278Q
    Storage #1Intel 730 480 GB SSD
    Storage #2Sandisk Ultra II 1 TB SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i
    CaseBitfenix Prodigy
    Power SupplyCorsair AX760
    Keyboard Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Zowie ZA12
    Headset Beats Pro
    Mouse Pad Steelseries Qck Heavy
    OS Windows 10 Pro

cancelled my preorder too. I was really looking forward to getting this monitor but oh well, Im not tryna wait months for a preorder. I would get the x34 but i hate the predator logo on the bezel lol

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Scarto View Post
    No. Buying a $300 IPS monitor you don't experience BLB at all. So don't defend Asus and their laughable QC like it'd be something as normal as IPS glow.
    why would i defend asus look at acer x34 launch was horrible just saying not to expect nothing and getting a perfect monitor would probably be dumb even people that receive almost no IPS glow or back light bleed they still have it in there monitor.
    I7 6700k , Corsair H110i GT Liquid Cooler , Corsair AX860i PSU , Corsair platinum dominator 16gb DDR 4 3200, Asus Strix Oc 980ti , Asus MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA , Samsung 950 PRO 256GB's M.2 SSD

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggyjeff View Post
    why would i defend asus look at acer x34 launch was horrible just saying not to expect nothing and getting a perfect monitor would probably be dumb even people that receive almost no IPS glow or back light bleed they still have it in there monitor.
    And both Acer and Asus use the same AUO panels.

ROG Enthusiast Array Slitzerikai PC Specs
    Slitzerikai PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Origin EON-17
    MotherboardROG Rampage V Extreme
    Processori7-5930K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Ripjaws 4 3000 MHz 4GB (32GB)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 780 6GB SC
    Graphics Card #2EVGA 780 6GB SC
    Storage #1Crucial 1TB SSD
    Storage #2Seagate 4TB SSHD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i GTX
    CaseCooler Master HAF Stacker 935 + 915R + 915F
    Power SupplyThermaltake 1350W
    Keyboard Logitech G510
    Mouse Logitech G600
    Headset Logitech G35
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    Headset/Speakers Logitech 5.1 + Vizio 40" 5.1 Soundbar (wireless sub)
    OS Windows 10 Professional
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk X6 R8000
    Accessory #1 Logitech G13

For those interested: http://velocitymicro.com/buy-asus-swift-pg348Q.php
    VelocityMicro has sent out an e-mail to those waiting for it, that they have some of the monitors in stock and ready to ship as early as 3/21.
    I myself had never heard of the company/site before, but it seems to be 'decent', according to the reviews I looked up of it.

I will wait it out with Amazon, as I trust it much better than this random website. Namely, I don't know their methods for RMA or how they handle customer quality complaints.
    There's also no telling just WHERE they've obtained these monitors. Perhaps they got the shipments that have been recalled from the major retailers (Amazon/Newegg) and instead decided to just 'sell them anyway' at risk of poor quality.

If you want it from the US and are willing for the risk, the option is there for anyone who wants it I suppose.
    Just figured I would let anyone still interested know. I will wait for Amazon, though.

ROG Enthusiast Array mwe3302 PC Specs
    mwe3302 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1
    ProcessorINTEL I7 5930K
    Memory (part number)CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3200 DDR4
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION
    MonitorASUS 27" IPS from bestbuy
    Storage #1SANDISK 240gb SSD from bestbuy
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR GTX H110 AIO
    CaseCORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D
    Power SupplyCORSIAR AX860i
    Keyboard LOGITECH
    Mouse LOGITECH MX

Well i bought and recieved an x34 on the 03/10/16 it went back to amazon today via UPS, too much blb for me for a 1,300 panal....
    I7 5930k 6 core ,corsair Hydro series H110i GTX AIO Hydro CPU cooler, Corsair AX860i PSU, ASUS rampage V extreme/U3.1, Corsair
    platinum dominator 32gb DDR 4 3200, Nvidia geforce GTX 1080 x2 in SLI, Corsair obsidian 750D

ROG Enthusiast Array mwe3302 PC Specs
    mwe3302 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1
    ProcessorINTEL I7 5930K
    Memory (part number)CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3200 DDR4
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION
    MonitorASUS 27" IPS from bestbuy
    Storage #1SANDISK 240gb SSD from bestbuy
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR GTX H110 AIO
    CaseCORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D
    Power SupplyCORSIAR AX860i
    Keyboard LOGITECH
    Mouse LOGITECH MX

Quote Originally Posted by Slitzerikai View Post
    For those interested: http://velocitymicro.com/buy-asus-swift-pg348Q.php
    VelocityMicro has sent out an e-mail to those waiting for it, that they have some of the monitors in stock and ready to ship as early as 3/21.
    I myself had never heard of the company/site before, but it seems to be 'decent', according to the reviews I looked up of it.

I will wait it out with Amazon, as I trust it much better than this random website. Namely, I don't know their methods for RMA or how they handle customer quality complaints.
    There's also no telling just WHERE they've obtained these monitors. Perhaps they got the shipments that have been recalled from the major retailers (Amazon/Newegg) and instead decided to just 'sell them anyway' at risk of poor quality.

If you want it from the US and are willing for the risk, the option is there for anyone who wants it I suppose.
    Just figured I would let anyone still interested know. I will wait for Amazon, though.
    I went to that website, i hit buy now and on that page it gave a description about it, says its a (4k) 1 ms response ....thats false right there
    I7 5930k 6 core ,corsair Hydro series H110i GTX AIO Hydro CPU cooler, Corsair AX860i PSU, ASUS rampage V extreme/U3.1, Corsair
    platinum dominator 32gb DDR 4 3200, Nvidia geforce GTX 1080 x2 in SLI, Corsair obsidian 750D

ROG Member Array

This is not starting to look good now we might have to wait till May got this information in this article from anandtech.com this is the article if you want to read it http://www.anandtech.com/show/10156/...g-swift-pg348q

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast