Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG GK2000 is coming

Junjie
Level 7
5 REPLIES 5

Kronvict
Level 9
Coming out when? Been waiting for this for almost a year.

Kronvict wrote:
Coming out when? Been waiting for this for almost a year.

I heard it will be sold in China next week and the UK website has the product page now. https://www.asus.com/uk/Keyboards-Mice/ROG-GK2000-Horus-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/

In my opinion this is a downgrade in terms of macro button count and positions compared to Asus Strix Tactic Pro Keyboard.

For once, the macro buttons under the space bar of Strix Tactic Pro is kind of unique position where you can also use your thumb to activate some spells in most games. Very few keyboards in the market have those kinds of macro buttons under the space bar by the way, notable mentions are A4Tech G800V and Razer Anansi (Altough they are not mechanical keyboards)

And also the macro button count on the left of the keyboard is very few compared to Asus Strix Tactic Pro keyboard aswell. Strix keyboard have 10 total macro buttons on the left compared to only 4 for GK2000.

But overall it still seems a very good quality keyboard in terms of build quality, wrist rest and visual appeal.
It also seems to have a larger gap, more space between the arrow buttons and numpad which is a very important feature because my fingers most of the time tend to touch to numpad keys or right CTRL or right SHIFT keys when I want to press arrow keys.
I especially liked the design of volume and mute button, extra usb ports, headphone inputs and the smartphone tray but they are complimentary (or secondary) when it comes to macro button counts and their positions..
This keyboard would be better if it had also programable RGB leds. Doesn't have standart bottom row keys but it's not a big deal.

Oh and also at least having a BROWN switch option would be great. I guess it's only RED switches.

Vlada011
Level 10
Keyboard bag is cool.

https://youtu.be/RY5G9J3TCB8

Artureld
Level 7
I agree, a brown switch option would have been fantastic. Along with perhaps RGB lighting even though the ROG range default color is always red. Still would have been nice to have options like how Corsair's excellent Strafe keyboards do.