cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 Driver Compatibility - ASUS G752VT-DH72

m0d1by
Level 7
Greetings,

I have an ASUS G752 arriving tomorrow, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10. I am intending on downgrading the OS to Windows 7 x64, and was wondering if anyone knew if the existing drivers on the support site are compatible with Windows 7, even though they're categorized under "Windows 10". Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-M
4 REPLIES 4

toronto699
Level 13
U may not find W7 drivers for the G752 , stay with W10 .
G752 thread
https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?198-G752-G751-G771-G551-and-GL552-Gaming-Notebooks

if u want the look and feel of W7 install classic shell
http://classicshell.net/

ukiyapaul
Level 7
I need to downgrade to Windows 7 since my game Alliance of Valliant Arms have a bad FPS drop using windows 10. I was able to do test with a desktop PC and installed a trial copy of Windows 10 and played AVA same performance issues as my laptop Asus G752VT but when I installed Windows 7 on the same desktop PC FPS is almost perfect and a lot more stable. Now I tried to install Windows 7 on my G752VT but it will not boot and even using safe mode it stops while loading disk. Can anyone help me?

maf23
Level 7
Are you installing off a DVD? USB is not supported natively in Windows 7 for newer Intel chipsets. After install you can add USB eXtensible driver manually. Also need to Disable Secure Boot and Enable CSM mode in bios. I would use the drivers in the eSupport folder of your C drive rather than those on the ASUS site as most of them will work with Windows 7.

maf23 wrote:
Are you installing off a DVD? USB is not supported natively in Windows 7 for newer Intel chipsets. After install you can add USB eXtensible driver manually. Also need to Disable Secure Boot and Enable CSM mode in bios. I would use the drivers in the eSupport folder of your C drive rather than those on the ASUS site as most of them will work with Windows 7.

installing using a usb made with rufus, I now get Windows cannot run with my hardware error message still cant use win7. esupport folder of my drive C? as in from the original asus install? because I formatted the original HGST 1TB I got with it now and used a Samsung 950 Pro and to be honest the original install was giving me different problems so I decided a new install of windows 10 was best and it was. The new install did not fix the issues I had but its running way better now at least for most of my programs. Still trying other stuff to get Win7 to work.