cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding GPU Tweak

Black_Shark
Level 7
Hey guys,

I have a question regarding GPU Tweak. I have an ASUS GeForce GTX 560 OC DC II (Non-Ti) running at 850 core and 1.025 voltage right out of the box. After downloading this utility and running it, GPU Tweak states that this card can be overclocked to a core of 950mHz and a voltage of 1.087. My question is, is a voltage of 1.087 safe for this card? My assumption is yes due to that being the max voltage allowed using GPU Tweak which I assume will not allow you to go past the "max safe voltage" of your specific card. However, this was not specified anywhere in the original description of the software which led me to post this thread. Any information is appreciated!

- Black_Shark
3 REPLIES 3

madspec
Level 7
I'm asking myself the same question but looks like no one knows .....
Intel I9 12900K - Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO - G-Skill TridentZ RGB 32Gb DDR5 @ 6400Mhz - Lian Li 360 AIO - Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 2TB NVME - EVGA 1300G PSU -

X-ROG
Level 15
The 560s have a lot of OC potential. I overvolted 460s to well above 1.2V without issue, but the temperatures sky-rocketed so I brought it back down. We won't provide any voltage that will give instant death, because that is simply not good business 😉 so just increase it slowly and see the effect on temperatures. Once you see the temps going nuts under load you know the transistor leakage has hit its air-cooled threshold.

madspec
Level 7
Thanks for the info !
Intel I9 12900K - Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO - G-Skill TridentZ RGB 32Gb DDR5 @ 6400Mhz - Lian Li 360 AIO - Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 2TB NVME - EVGA 1300G PSU -