cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel AHCI drivers with SSD.

Zaki
Level 8
Hello !
I got real problem, from Rampage Extreme IV to mine Maximus VII Formula. If I install AHCI drivers, everything slowing down. Like from 500 mb/s to 2xx mb/s.
I got now new ssd Samsung 850 Pro, last was vertex 3, and its the same. SSD slowed down, but in samsung program it's tell me after that install, switch sata to 6Gb/s port.
What the hell ?! I got P0 6 gbs connected with cable 6 gb/s. And In driver Intel Rapid says i got only 3gb/s connected port. I don't know what to do...
Got the latest bios and everything from asus site to mine motherboard. Win 8.1 latest updated. I give you some screens, started from speed to connected ports.
I'am really sorry for my English if Iam saying something wrong. Peace and be cool :cool: 🙂
11 REPLIES 11

Nate152
Hello Zaki

Uninstall the AHCI driver and see if it's showing it's connected to a sata 6B/s port. Make sure the chipset driver is installed and connected to an intel sata port.

It looks like it's working with the AHCI driver not installed, I don't see why you'd need it anyway. 🙂

Thank's for reply. My ssd is connected to upper P0 ports, in manual is writed that is intel port. I got the newest drivers chipset from ASUS SITE, i cant find that drivers in intel site.
If i unistall this, its says it 6 gb port.

SS with no drivers.

Nate152
You're welcome

All you need is the chipset driver for the intel sata ports, I'm not sure if either of those motherboards have asmedia sata ports but if they do you can get them from the asus driver downloads page if you're using them. You don't need the asmedia sata driver if you're just using the intel sata ports.

You'll want to keep your ssd connected to an intel sata port.

That looks good to me Zaki ! 🙂

Wow
Can you help me finding this ? I got Installed only chipset driver and IMEI driver. Didn't know there is something like that.. ?

Nate152

Maximus VII Formula on W 8.1
Thank You Sir

Nate152
You're welcome

You already have the chipset and IMEI drivers installed so...

1) Install Asmedia USB Controller Driver V1.16.15.0
2) Install Asmedia Sata Controller Driver V2.0.8.1 (you can skip this if you're not using the asmedia sata ports)
3) Install Realtek Audio Driver if you're using the audio jacks on the motherboard.

The rest are pretty much optional.

http://support.asus.com.cn/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=MAXIMUS+VII+FORMULA&p=1&s=45

Install the graphics driver for your gpu after this.

Zaki
Level 8
This didn't helped. After installing Intel AHCI driver, hardwares slowing down and says its port 3gb/s not 6

Nate152
Only install the drivers I have listed from the Asus downloads page I posted above, do not install any AHCI drivers please.