cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IV Extreme z Hyperx Fury 8Gb modules support

velimier
Level 7
HI,
i recently bought 4 x 8Gb Kingston Hyperx Fury modules (ram upgrade 16->32gb). According to the available doc those should be supported by the motherboard. What I experienced was error 55 (no memory installed). After some research and discussion with professional tech guy we came to the conclusion that probably latest BIOS version does not support those modules. Actually, latest BIOS update came before release of those ram modules.

My question is: is there such possibility that BIOS will be updated to support new ram modules in order to be able to use 32GB of ram with this motherboard?

Thanks
1 REPLY 1

velimier
Level 7
Finally I solved this problem. Problem was in one dead module. Unfortunately, dead module was the first module I tried, so I wasn't sure it is dead. After some discussions, with tech pros and asus support I was almost sure these modules were not compatible with mobo. Luckily this was not true and after latency change I managed to boot up system and to test modules and came to the conclusion that one of them is dead.

Therefore, Maximus iv extreme z is compatible with Kingston Hyprex Fury 8Gb modules in my case.