cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My G752VY-RH71 has arrived and wow!....

vore01
Level 7
This is a one of a kind beautiful machine. It's has the dark metal finish top with the red vents.
Amazing screen! Haven't had a chance yet to go thru everything, I'm downloading Norton and a hole bunch of other programs including removing Windows 10 spyware.

First impressions are incredible build/workmanship, wonderful screen. Glad I waited.

More to follow but so far so incredibly good!
9 REPLIES 9

hmscott
Level 12
vore01 wrote:
This is a one of a kind beautiful machine. It's has the dark metal finish top with the red vents.
Amazing screen! Haven't had a chance yet to go thru everything, I'm downloading Norton and a hole bunch of other programs including removing Windows 10 spyware.

First impressions are incredible build/workmanship, wonderful screen. Glad I waited.

More to follow but so far so incredibly good!

Congrats on the new G752VY-RH71 !!

The G752VY-RH71 looks like the sweet spot in the Asus G752 line up, a 980m model under $2000 🙂

In this Asus Store list, the next cheapest 980m 4GB is $2599... with a $3499 980m 8GB model - that's an incredible price.
http://store.asus.com/us/category/A30933?sort=mod_dt&asc=0&page=1

Please post some benchmarks at stock and OC as soon as you get a chance 🙂

Banshee
Level 8
vore01 wrote:
...I'm downloading Norton and a hole bunch of other programs...

Norton? Why? Norton Antivirus is unnecessary compared to Windows Defender, which is included with Windows. And I don't know of ANY other Symantec/Norton software worthy of keeping.
My Current Addiction: Asus G73SW i7

12 GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro
3TB internal, 5 TB external via USB 3.0
^ I use this system as a mobile DAW, 3D graphic studio, and for other stuff.

Banshee wrote:
Norton? Why? Norton Antivirus is unnecessary compared to Windows Defender, which is included with Windows. And I don't know of ANY other Symantec/Norton software worthy of keeping.

Please read my reference about internet security apps for windows:
Gps3dx wrote:
UAC is a total MS crap tech.
It is well known through out the web that this tech can be bypassed easily ( example )
Thus, one should disable UAC as it only causes only headaches and useless popups, and relay on a good internet-security app ( firewall+antivirus+anti malware )
you can see a VERY comprehensive comparison between the different product out-there.

and I add this comment - you'll be amazed/shocked... and even might feel "naked" after you'll see the results...
don't say I didn't warn you.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

cuniac
Level 7
Where did you find that 752vy for that price. All the 752vy's I see start at 2699

cuniac wrote:
Where did you find that 752vy for that price. All the 752vy's I see start at 2699

Hi. You can get it from sites such as genpc or xoticpc

Jlieu
Level 7
Can anyone tell me weather the palm rest are rubber coated or metal Finnish?
Antivirus? Bitdefender are the best so far 😄

Jlieu wrote:
Can anyone tell me weather the palm rest are rubber coated or metal Finnish?
Antivirus? Bitdefender are the best so far 😄

Its the same soft touch material as the G751,difference is,the 2 sides are now replaced by 2 strips of aluminium (I think) instead of a single panel.
IMO I feel its better than the old G751 palm rest due to the side seams accumulating quite a bit of dust/dirt over time.:)

read my latest post

clockworksatan
Level 7
Congrats on your G752! If it's like the G751 it won't come with that much bloatware on it, just an Asus cloud storage app and a couple of other things, including some sort of Antivirus trial.

Personally, I wouldn't pay a yearly subscription for any of the big Antivirus companies. Just download Bitdefender free and it's a case of 'Job done'. Also have the free version of Malwarebytes to run occasionally too just in case as Windows Defender is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
Asus ROG G751JT-T7115H
17.3" IPS, Intel i7-4720HQ, 16Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX970m, 256Gb M.2 SSD + 1Tb SSHD