cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me...gl552vw has only 4gb ddr4 ram, Important to have more ram for games?

PWizard
Level 7
What happen if i play high graphic game that require like 8gb ram like Fallout 4,COD BO3 ,but my asus rog gl552vw has only 4gb ddr4 ram. Is it important to have more ram?
7 REPLIES 7

Corporal
Level 9
Either the game won't start or it will lag. Try it out.
Close all other programs/browser to improve your odds

KrisVr
Level 7
In most games you probably need to lower settings and you'll be fine. Some games start to stutter the more you play, some game crash(run out of memory) and some games stutter all the time with only 4GB ram.

I believe BO3 has pretty bad stutter if u only have 4GB ram...sometimes stutters even with more!

8GB is kinda must if u want to play latest games!

Edweird
Level 10
Are you absolutely sure you have 4GB of RAM? That sounds impossible to me, especially for a brand new laptop of this type.
Either way, you'll want 8 in general, not just for gaming. DDR4 can be expensive, though. I find that 16GB is the right spot for my G751/i7-4710/GTX980M.

Edweird wrote:
Are you absolutely sure you have 4GB of RAM? That sounds impossible to me, especially for a brand new laptop of this type.
Either way, you'll want 8 in general, not just for gaming. DDR4 can be expensive, though. I find that 16GB is the right spot for my G751/i7-4710/GTX980M.

Yes,Im sure,At malaysia its only 4gb ram.

PWizard wrote:
Yes,Im sure,At malaysia its only 4gb ram.

Can you please write down the RAM manufacturer/ product code

I have one which is blurred and not readable

chrsplmr
Level 18
They come 8gb, 16gb and 32gb of ddr4 ... Welcome to ROG. .c.

Korth
Level 14
Minimum system requirements are usually not an absolute threshold. They're largely determined by what the developers feel would provide an acceptable quality of gameplay.

Win7/8/10 technically require only 2GB-4GB of RAM, although 4GB-8GB is better and will prevent the OS from bogging the system down.

A game (like Fallout 4) which requires 8GB will probably still run on your system. But it might be slow and stuttery and chunky, it might look awful or be too sluggish and jerky to play or suffer from random slowdowns or simply crash quite often. Or it might still be quite playable, provided some quality settings are turned down a notch. You would probably have to work harder to finish the game and you wouldn't have any real chance in multiplayer sessions.

You can disable running apps and processes to free up (Windows) system resources for the game, it might then run well enough to enjoy. Chances are you'd do much better with an 8GB or 16GB memory hardware upgrade - especially since the upgrade would let you run new games for years to come.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]