cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My G750JZ is not charging

Dray88
Level 7
I called Asus regarding my G750JZ not charging. It is out of warranty a month ago and they gave me an estimate of over $800 to service/repair it.. This is ridiculous for how expensive this laptop is (over $2400!!!). If I was the cause of the charging issue I would understand, but most likely it is due to charging port because my charger still works. I am very frustrated and especially disappointed with Asus. I will never purchase a product from them again.
4 REPLIES 4

ROG_Obs
Level 7
Have you tried just getting a replacement battery?

GottiBoi55
Level 10
Dray88 wrote:
I called Asus regarding my G750JZ not charging. It is out of warranty a month ago and they gave me an estimate of over $800 to service/repair it.. This is ridiculous for how expensive this laptop is (over $2400!!!). If I was the cause of the charging issue I would understand, but most likely it is due to charging port because my charger still works. I am very frustrated and especially disappointed with Asus. I will never purchase a product from them again.

Hi Dray88, and welcome to the ROG forum.

How is the battery, dead, or working?
What is the power icon telling you, 97% available (plugged in, and not charging)?
Will your JZ work unplugged, and just on battery?

Good luck, and good gaming.
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

Half a year ago, my G750JX's battery also died. Later, my charger also stopped charging... First I called my countrys Asus support. They told me the charger was a warrenty issue, so I would get it for free. I was not okay with being without my laptop for a week, so I found the charger of my previous Asus laptop, which actually worked! Then I told Asus support about it, and convinced them to send me a new charger, after I had sent them my broken charger. I did not even have to send my PC! For the battery issue, I simply ordered a new one (costed me ~80$).

Dray88 wrote:
It is out of warranty a month ago and they gave me an estimate of over $800 to service/repair it.. This is ridiculous for how expensive this laptop is (over $2400!!!).

In my country we have 2 years of insurance, plus 3 additional years where you can complaint, with possibility of a free replacement, unless you broke it. Still, if you're the cause of the problem, it shouldn't cost more than ~100$, (happened to me once, with my previous Asus).

So if you are the cause of the problem, I would advise you to test if your PC starts with another Asus charger, maybe someone you know could help you test it. If it works, simply order one online, doesn't cost much!

My G750JZ has not given my a bit of trouble. But my ASUS K55VD laptop had a similar problem once. I left it sitting for several months after which it had a dead battery that would not charge. I think it was because the battery was so low the computer couldn't detect that it was connected. I did some google searches and played with some windows settings and eventually it charged up and was fine. Sorry I can't remember exactly what I did.