meller
Level 7
My system specs are as followed:

ASUS x99-Deluxe
G.Skill 2400mhz 2x8GB DDR4 ram
2x GTX 980 Ti Strix
EVGA Supernova 1000w PSU
Windows 8.1 Pro

All working on an ASUS PG278Q monitor (with a random ASUS 24" 1080p secondary).
I feel like the rest of the specs don't really matter here.

When I'm in the bios, and I go to the Tools > GPU Post. It only shows my second card on the diagram (in the 4th PCI slot as it should be. But dit doesn't show my first card in the top PCIe slot. on top of that. ASUS GPU Tweak II doesn't show everything either. I'll attach a picture.

In the Drop menu in Tweak, it's just blank. You can move your mouse over both spots where the cards should be in the menu and it does highlight the spot, but there is no text. Just a blank line. On top of that... One of the card never shows a change in fan speed... I can confirm the fans are spinning (as GPU Tweak registers them at 0 rpm...) I have ever set the fan speed to 100% just so you can see that it stays on 0.

I use the newest Drivers from nvidia. The newest GPU tweak. I've updated the bios on my motherboard. I will say one of the red panels on the front of the card came off for some reason. Almost as if the glue holding it on just broke down or it was very poorly attached, but I'm not upset about that. That is just aesthetics, as mass production = not everything is always perfectly glued. But I'm curious if the tell tale signs from the bios GPU Post and ASUS GPU Tweak are any indication that the card is bad.

I will say that GPU-z detects both cards, and their currect gpu/memory speeds. But the rest of the issues really have me wondering... and slightly worried.53986
1 REPLY 1

equlizer
Level 7
It looks like both are working. You can see the blue and red numbers at different clocks. Do you use afterburner or precision x? Use the on screen display and show the gpu usage when gaming.