cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New g752vy-rh71 is not working and i'm pissed

vore01
Level 7
In an earlier post I mentioned that I was happy with my new laptop but didn't mention I had a problem with it the second I turned it on because I thought the problem was resolved.

Since Friday (this is now Sunday) I've had 1 conversation with the retailer and 3 chats with Asus support

When I turn the laptop on all I get is the red start button to light up and three of the 5 LED's below the track-pad. No keys light up and I can't open the disk drive.
I did manage to get the laptop operational but every-time I shut it down I have to play with it by pressing the start button for 30 seconds with and without it being plugged in.

The first chat I had with Asus was disconnected and the guy never called me back
The second Asus Rep told me that there was static electricity build up on the mother board
The third chat I had with Asus the rep said the battery needs to be drained then charged.

Now after 2 hours of trying to get it to work, I get nothing.

$2000.00 for a laptop I researched for months and pre-orderd back in October and now this!

I have 4 laptops, 2 from Dell, a HP-Envy and a Lenovo...non of them ever had a problem starting up
24 REPLIES 24

Edweird
Level 10
I used to have this problem on my G751, apparently it was caused by Windows 8.1's weird shutdown/sleep mechanics. It stopped occurring a while ago and I've only had it happen once under Windows 10. I had to do the same things you did several times but that was last around...5 months ago? If you manage to boot it up again (and I'm sure you will), do a regular full shutdown.

The static buildup thing the rep mentioned is a possibility, holding the button for 30 seconds releases exactly that, so he might have been right. Just keep trying - otherwise, contact cl-Albert here on the forums, he's the US customer loyalty rep.

I have other new laptops (Lenovo and HP bothe windows 10) and they always booted up the second I turned them on. Not once did I have a problem. Before I sent the Asus back I reset the machine to its original setup and again I had to fiddle wit the start button for 20-30 minutes before it booted up

Every time I shut the machine down it was a full shut down...keyboard lights went off, start button turned off, LED's below the track-pad turned off. I was able to turn the machine on after 4-5 hours of shut down ONLY by fiddling with the on button for 30 minutes

Edweird wrote:
I used to have this problem on my G751, apparently it was caused by Windows 8.1's weird shutdown/sleep mechanics. It stopped occurring a while ago and I've only had it happen once under Windows 10. I had to do the same things you did several times but that was last around...5 months ago? If you manage to boot it up again (and I'm sure you will), do a regular full shutdown.

The static buildup thing the rep mentioned is a possibility, holding the button for 30 seconds releases exactly that, so he might have been right. Just keep trying - otherwise, contact cl-Albert here on the forums, he's the US customer loyalty rep.

I have other new laptops (Lenovo and HP both have windows 10) and they always booted up the second I turned them on. Not once did I have a problem. Before I sent the Asus back I reset the machine to its original setup and again I had to fiddle wit the start button for 20-30 minutes before it booted up

Every time I shut the machine down it was a full shut down...keyboard lights went off, start button turned off, LED's below the track-pad turned off. I was able to turn the machine on after 4-5 hours of shut down ONLY by fiddling with the on button for 30 minutes

thetanaz
Level 7
Why not return it and get another one is that not an option?I've personally had issues with my laptop (g751) but that does not mean that all of them are flawed.Most of them work perfectly but if you are reading these forums all of the people who come here do it to seek help so it looks like ASUS is the ****tiest brand ever and everything they ever make is broken lol.Just take it back and exchange it for another one or get your money back and buy another one.I don't know how your situation stands due to the fact that you've pre-ordered it and where you've preordered it from but trust me on this:if there is the slightest issue with a brand new laptop better exchange it ASAP,you don't want to deal with that can of worms later.

thetanaz wrote:
...all of the people who come here do it to seek help so it looks like ASUS is the ****tiest brand ever and everything they ever make is broken lol...

Can't offer you any real advice apart from.

As to the quote. Asus is the best thing since sliced bread, especially the ROG division. I love my G751JY, I have a few problems but so what this laptop might as well be made of solid gold that's how much I love it. The truth is, support forums are full of problems as they quoted poster indicated, don't let it discourage you the marginal error rate would be below 5%. So if it's a lemon, RMA it.

Thank you ROG for the sexiest beast I have ever owned.

/one very proud ROG member.

toronto699
Level 13
CAN OF WORMS , I would send it back . thetanaz is right of course , Can Of Worms Later.
Not Working Right Out Of The Box , Its Gone , ASAP, No Calling Asus or No talking to Un Helpful Asus Reps On These Forums , They Just Spew The Party Line. Send It Back ASAP. Whats an Asus Rep Going to Do Come to Your House and Fix It For U or Bring a Working One Over ???
Someone Posted Here He Went through 4 G752 without G-Sync all from same Retailer .

Just curious how this has panned out for you?
I had bought a G752VT and had the "missing G-sync" problem, returned it and problem in the second, returned it and problem in the third so I got a refund and ordered a VY.
Now I'm researching like crazy to find out what bugs I should be looking for when it arrives.

I'm hoping your situation has been fixed or at least taken care of.

Tifore wrote:
I had bought a G752VT and had the "missing G-sync" problem, returned it and problem in the second, returned it and problem in the third so I got a refund and ordered a VY.
Now I'm researching like crazy to find out what bugs I should be looking for when it arrives.

My G752VY has Gsync and I'm from Singapore.

Tifore wrote:

My G752VT has g sync and i'm from the U.S. haven't had a single issue