Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question... about window7

Retired
Not applicable
when you buy one of these,
does it give DVD/CD of windows 7?

coz i buy at bestbuy, and they only gave me the notebook nothing else...

im jst curious , for example i wanna reformat my noteboook, how can i install windows 7 with the key

appreciate the reply, thanks
16 REPLIES 16

Retired
Not applicable
during booth keep pressing F9, this will go into recovery mode and youc an reformat your notebook from here.

Retired
Not applicable
during booth keep pressing F9, this will go into recovery mode and youc an reformat your notebook from here.

how about the existing window7? can i use it?

Retired
Not applicable
it will delete your existing windows 7. you asked how to reformat right? with the recovery you wont need to put in the key

Retired
Not applicable
btw mr Brian@asus, can i ask another few questions:

i just bought my asusg73 last week, and i dont change any settings of it, i double click ATI the one on the lower right of the screen. and CATALYST ATI pop up.....

should i install it?
if i should .... what im i going to choose basic? or advance?

i ask this because there is an issue i read a while ago about GSOD something, the one that freeze the laptop
in my experience i havent experience that problem even single one. i play games like 12 hours a day with my g73

im really afraid to upgrade those Catalyst because my asus is running well

Appreciate the reply

If it aint broken dont fix it.

Retired
Not applicable
thanks!

Pyro411
Level 7
Reyes, if you've done the ATI Video bios update, upgrade your drivers to 10.11, between the shipped drivers and the latest drivers there are a ton of game improvements and performance improvements. Sorry I do not remember what ATI Release number the shipped drivers are but I do know they are atleast before the 10.8 driver set if you're wondering so you can look at the release notes of the drivers to determine if the updates will affect anything you're doing

Retired
Not applicable
Download a illegal copy of w/e or just get a free copy (legal) and use your key after the 30 days ..

Illegal copy just type in your key at setup (now this is legal)

Retired
Not applicable
thanks for the replies

btw i experiencing, FREEZE when i open my g73 after i type my password, 2 out of 5 it will stuck after typing my password?

anyone experience this??