Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Ill just reiterate my disgust for doing unneeded wipes of drives and re installs of OS's that are totally unnecessary. Your machine will never be the same again unless you send it off to support for re imaging of the original drive.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Yes what you need to do is have the RST driver ready to nstall on a USB chip. you will find it in your eSupport folder, So no when you start up your windows install in UEFI and you don't see your SSD I can't read the language but there will be a link that say I have a Driver or install drive. once installed you will see your SSD either as 1 drive in raid 0 or as 2 SSD, you can install to either one of them if they are separate and then run the IRST software in windows to create the RAID 0.
    I don't wan to fool around with my BIOS but I would look around the setting where you would have set SATA to RAID there my be a setting to put the 2 SSD into RAID 0 there. If not you can stil do it in windows but you do need to have your BIOS set to RAID, You do need to install the RAID driver at the beginning of Windows install, You do need to install UEFI, and your SSD both need to be GPT.

To insure your SSD are in GPT mode.
    Start up your windows install after putting in your language Press the Ctl and F10 that will bring up a command window.
    here are the command you'll need to enter
    Diskpart
    select disk
    Clean All
    convert GPT

Do this for both SSD and then exit and continue the install by installing the RST driver and then windows.

Someone else my know how to set up your SSD to RAID 0 before the windows install, I don't have any idea if there is not a setting in the BIOS to do it.

As mention earlier I would transfer the eSupport folder to a USB Thumb drive and remove the 1 TB spinner hard drive with your data until you have windows set up and running again.

Download the windows 10 image from MS MCT Allow it to make you a USB install media. Don't waste your time trying to use a DVD to install

Once you have windows installed on either both SSD in RAID 0.
    If on one of the SSD then install the windows IRST program again its in your eSupport folder and Raid 0 both SSD it will take some time to complete
    Now you can go into disk management and rename your Optical Drive to and end of the alphabet letter I use either L M or N
    So now when you put your hard drive 1 TB back in it will keep its letter D:\

Windows install is going to install Window native hardware driver some will work ok some not you'll know if something is giving you a problem go install the driver for that from your eSupport folder should solve the issue.

All this said, I highly recommend that you download and install Macrium Reflect Free and once you have your notebook running properly again create an Disk Image. These disk Images can be restored in about 15 minutes or less and put you right back exactly where you were when you created that Image.
    I usually make several Images while reconfiguring a clean install. for sure you want one, once windows is install and your SSD are in RAID 0. That will save you lots of time if something gets screwed up along the way.

Hope I have been clear enough to help you with this
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    Yes what you need to do is have the RST driver ready to nstall on a USB chip. you will find it in your eSupport folder, So no when you start up your windows install in UEFI and you don't see your SSD I can't read the language but there will be a link that say I have a Driver or install drive. once installed you will see your SSD either as 1 drive in raid 0 or as 2 SSD, you can install to either one of them if they are separate and then run the IRST software in windows to create the RAID 0.
    I don't wan to fool around with my BIOS but I would look around the setting where you would have set SATA to RAID there my be a setting to put the 2 SSD into RAID 0 there. If not you can stil do it in windows but you do need to have your BIOS set to RAID, You do need to install the RAID driver at the beginning of Windows install, You do need to install UEFI, and your SSD both need to be GPT.

To insure your SSD are in GPT mode.
    Start up your windows install after putting in your language Press the Ctl and F10 that will bring up a command window.
    here are the command you'll need to enter
    Diskpart
    select disk
    Clean All
    convert GPT

Do this for both SSD and then exit and continue the install by installing the RST driver and then windows.

Someone else my know how to set up your SSD to RAID 0 before the windows install, I don't have any idea if there is not a setting in the BIOS to do it.

As mention earlier I would transfer the eSupport folder to a USB Thumb drive and remove the 1 TB spinner hard drive with your data until you have windows set up and running again.

Download the windows 10 image from MS MCT Allow it to make you a USB install media. Don't waste your time trying to use a DVD to install

Once you have windows installed on either both SSD in RAID 0.
    If on one of the SSD then install the windows IRST program again its in your eSupport folder and Raid 0 both SSD it will take some time to complete
    Now you can go into disk management and rename your Optical Drive to and end of the alphabet letter I use either L M or N
    So now when you put your hard drive 1 TB back in it will keep its letter D:\

Windows install is going to install Window native hardware driver some will work ok some not you'll know if something is giving you a problem go install the driver for that from your eSupport folder should solve the issue.

All this said, I highly recommend that you download and install Macrium Reflect Free and once you have your notebook running properly again create an Disk Image. These disk Images can be restored in about 15 minutes or less and put you right back exactly where you were when you created that Image.
    I usually make several Images while reconfiguring a clean install. for sure you want one, once windows is install and your SSD are in RAID 0. That will save you lots of time if something gets screwed up along the way.

Hope I have been clear enough to help you with this
    Thank you so much!

I'm going to try everything right now.

EDIT: on my system it was SHIFT+F10

Diskpart can't find the SSDs
    I can't seem to find the SSD drivers inside the eSupport folder. Do you please remember where are they or where can I find them?

Is the removal of the 1TB Data mechanical drive mandatory? I'd prefer not to void my warranty. (also, I never opened the laptop)

Inviato dal mio SM-G955F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Last edited by NeatWolf; 12-18-2017 at 11:19 AM.

New ROGer Array

Found them!
    For some reason, they seem to load, filling the progress bar multiple times, but when returning to the drive list, they still don't show up, even pressing Refresh.

Same for Diskpart.

Any ideas?

Inviato dal mio SM-G955F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Last edited by NeatWolf; 12-18-2017 at 12:00 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by NeatWolf View Post
    Hi there!

I own a ASUS G752VS. Currently with Win10 Pro but was asked to do a total wipe to revert to Home.
    I'm not sure if I should be posting this here - I'm mentally drained since I've been trying to fix this for 2 full days. Please be somehow forgiving: I have a deadline, it's Xmas, I don't want to void the warranty, and don't want to lose the third non-SSD drive D: which has tons on backup data.

I believe I should be in the right topic, but it's really hard for me to find all info from mobile.

It's been for 2 days that I've been struggling to get a stable Win 10 reset because I had...issues and I was so desperate to let Microsoft remote assistance to "fix" my issue. WORST IDEA EVER.

Now I believe I lost the built-in Asus partitions/restore functionalities and I'm stuck with a Win 10 USB install/recover pen drive, 2 SSDs that once were in raid (not sure about their current state).

I can boot up from the USB UEFI, but I only see the 1GB "Data" partition. Which I cannot and don't want to touch.

Enabling AHCI lets me pick one of the 2 SSDs, but that's not what I want.
    I would like both SSDs to be seen as C: from Windows as a single 1TB drive, as it was when I received it.

I read I should be downloading (from mobile) some drivers to use both drives in Raid0. I've read they should be in GPT and not in MBR, but I have no idea on how to check them. I remember I erased and deleted them when in AHCI during one of the Windows install attempts.

The eSupport folder is 7zipped on the D: (Data) 1TB non-SSD drive.

I'm close to a mental breakdown because of the terrible downward spiral a simple issue brought me at this point, and already had an anxiety attack. TMI, I know.

I'm not exactly a newbye with technology since I'm an IT engineer/programmer/developer, but when fiddling with BIOS and hardware stuff, I have very little experience.

Yet, thanks to every single update from Windows - and I'm not in the Windows Insider program anymore! - each time I apply such "stable" updates I lose days to fix everything back.

Could someone please be so merciful to help me a bit in this 59 pages thread? Pretty please? :/

(also: did I lost all those useful hidden partitions on the SSDs? Is there a way to restore them? Without touching the mechanical D: drive data?)

Thanks in advance.

Sent from SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Sorry for late reply but i'm now on MSI and i don't watch frequently ASUS forum, so:

1) if you leave AHCI enabled you will see 2 separated nvme even in Windows setup, because AHCI use intel standard driver, no manual operation needed.
    2) if you want to RAID 2 SSD, first enable it in bios, reboot, re enter bios and create the "RAW" container under RTS menù (linking 2 nvme drives); in this situation the notebook will use RTS chip not Intel one, this peripheal isn't included in Windows 10 ISO's so you have to manually search for a driver.

HINT: before starting, download "f6flpy-x64-14.8.0.1042" , this is the most compatible one for G752V (you can see a semi-identical number in RTS section in bios setup) and add it to Windows 10 USB, like this screen:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-12-21.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	69753
    Then in the disk selection screen you will have to add the correct driver that's in f6flpy folder. After a minute of "freeze" Windows setup will recognize your raid.

New ROGer Array

I wanted to factory reset my Asus G752VT and F9 doesn't worked so I decided it to make a recovery copy and reset the computer to factory when the computer reched 76% recovery the sistem crashed and the Operative Sistem windows 10 was never able to recover itself, losing the boot manager in bios settings and I was stuck in a boot loop / Blue screen without any possible solution.
    I went to different forums in Asus website during weeks, where users said that reinstalling a new operating sistem was the solution however I would lose all the software provided by Asus including the E-Support folder and Sonic Studio Software. Which is a Fake statement.
    I will show you step by step how to reinstall your Windows 10 64bits OS and get all the Drivers and Software back to your Asus G752VT.

1. You need a fire stick minimum 16Gb to do a fresh windows install using windows media creation tool

2. From another computer go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

And make a bootable Usb windows 10 instructions here: https://youtu.be/SKbR6XT7fcA

3.insert the usb on your Asus G752VT and restart computer and press F2 to get into Bios settings in boot order choose your USB UEFI pressF10 to save and exit or the second option is to put the usb in the laptop, boot and repeatidly press esc. Then you can select the usb stick and reinstall Windows 10

4.install windows in the partition of your SSD that means delete the disk partition and install windows there.
    Do not delete the other partitions.

5. Once windows is installed and configured is time to get the Asus G752VT Drivers. You can get them here: https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic...Desk_Download/

6. Install all the drivers excluding the Audio Drivers because that driver its outdated and it will cause conflict installing your Sonic Suite
    Instead you can download the right Audio driver version 6.0.1.8186 driver R2.82 for Sonic suite V2.413 from the realtek website here: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads

7.after installing the driver you can proceed with the installation of Sonic Studio located under Utilities Tab in Usus drivers downloads.

8. Install the G-Force Experience to upgrade your graphic card drivers here: https://www.nvidia.es/geforce/geforce-experience/
    After installation, register with your e mail address and verify your account from your email to upgrade drivers.

9.finally you can get the E-Support folder here if you need something else: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...HBVTUtTaC1WcVk

Thank you, And good luck!

ROG Junior Member Array 46nandor1's Avatar

Thanks!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7