cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750JH getting Heat/Fan/HDD problem?

Juppe91
Level 7
Hello. Im new at this forum since i never had problems with my computer before, and i am sorry for my bad english but im gonna try.

Since 2 days back when i had a lan-party at my place my Asus g750jh asus 750jh-4080th was starting to actin strange. It began
sounding like a lawn mower/rattle noise and this have happend once or 2 before. So i started looking up the temps ( I dont rly remember what the idle
temp was from the begining and is normal of the gpu/cpu etc in this notebook. Idle temps when almost doin nothing on the computer besides
writing this thread my idle temps are: CPU [45-50C] GPU [60-65C] MRBOARD [45-50C] HDD [30c] at the same time the computer is in a almost idle
state its sound like the fan and one of the hard drive is working hard ( This idle state does occur from time to time but more often now it
seems)

Ingame temps when only playin games like Counterstrike GO the gpu rise the temprature of 90-93C. High temps make the gpu drop frame rates
should i be worried? Besided the annoying sound from the GPU/HARDDRIVE (FAN RATTLE?) I clean my computer around 2 times per mounth but not inside
it im worried to break something..

I googled around. Did not find any good answear. I have a Asus display connected to the laptop if that makes any diffrence... but i never
had this of a big problem with this before. Please help!
1 REPLY 1

navis995
Level 11
Repasting. People keep forgetting that. A thermal compound will only do you so good for some time. Repaste it and you'll see drop in temperatures.
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD