New ROGer Array

Problem with Netflix, Regedit and Pheobus soundcard

First off, I tried to send this in as an email after following this post. But that inbox is full, according to the automatic reply I got in Chinese(?).

So over to the problem.
    I had this audio related problem with Netflix since I upgraded to Windows 10 and the Beta sound card drivers. Every time I try to play a video on the Netflix app or in browser(s) I get a error code (W8156-88890001).
    The fix to this problem is a Registry edit change. Windows button > Run > Regedit > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Audio and change the DisableProtectedAudioDG from 1 to 0 and restart the computer.

After I have done this Dolby Home Theater V4 will not work before you change it back from 0 to 1.

Would be nice if this got a fix in the next update.

Bug report
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Yeah, the phoebus and the netflix app hate each other since day one.

ROG Member Array

Same problem and I haven't found a real solution for now..

ROG Member Array

A workaround is to export the DisableProtectedAudioDG registry key twice, once with the value 0 and once with the value 1, and then use them as switches. You'll need to reboot your machine to effect the switch though. It looks like something screws up the protected audio. I hope it's software related and not the hardware causing it.

WHQL Windows 10 drivers would be nice to have. Given the price of these cards, it's a reasonable request and would fix this issue.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

It's 100% software, it was fixed at some point then broken again. The regedit trick allows you to use the app with stereo sound, if you're looking for surround you're out of luck until asus decides to fix it.

Ex-employee Array

Hi guys,

I updated in another thread with similar topic that we're already working on another beta driver that will fix this issue. I have a working beta but this version has the Windows pop-up error so not the version we want to release. When the schedule is confirmed for the next version I will update you guys.

Thanks,
    Bahz