cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750JX does not run

Saleh1204
Level 7
Hey everyone,

I have a problem with my ASUS G750JX. Last Friday, I turned the PC off and tried to turn it on Again. However, it did not start.

I do not get anything on the screen. I cannot get into BIOS either.

The Status LEDs
1. Power: On
2. Battery: On
3. Disk Reading: Slow Weird Flashing
4. Wireless : Slow Weird Flashing
5. Num Lock: On

The Disk and Wireless flashing are very strange.

I tried to remove the RAMs (The two accessible ones), The Hard disks, and the DVD Writer.
Nothing works.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem and get my PC running again :eek:!?
10 REPLIES 10

CocoNutty
Level 7
I had the same problem only a few months after initial purchase.I brought it back to the store where i bought it and demanded my money back which they dident do.A few weeks later i got my laptop back.They told me they had to install a new motherboard and i was just unlucky.Now more then a year later i discovered more then 5 dead pixels on the 120 hz 3d screen.Brought it back, the store clerks where verry friendly and send it back to asus again.I would advise you not to mess with anything and send it back to Asus.

CocoNutty wrote:
I had the same problem only a few months after initial purchase.I brought it back to the store where i bought it and demanded my money back which they dident do.A few weeks later i got my laptop back.They told me they had to install a new motherboard and i was just unlucky.Now more then a year later i discovered more then 5 dead pixels on the 120 hz 3d screen.Brought it back, the store clerks where verry friendly and send it back to asus again.I would advise you not to mess with anything and send it back to Asus.

The problem is I bought this laptop in 2013 so I cannot use warranty

GottiBoi55
Level 10
Saleh1204 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I have a problem with my ASUS G750JX. Last Friday, I turned the PC off and tried to turn it on Again. However, it did not start.

I do not get anything on the screen. I cannot get into BIOS either.

The Status LEDs
1. Power: On
2. Battery: On
3. Disk Reading: Slow Weird Flashing
4. Wireless : Slow Weird Flashing
5. Num Lock: On

The Disk and Wireless flashing are very strange.

I tried to remove the RAMs (The two accessible ones), The Hard disks, and the DVD Writer.
Nothing works.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem and get my PC running again :eek:!?

Hi Saleh1204, and welcome to the Asus ROG forum.

Try this procedure, and see if this helps.
First remove power cord, and battery from your NB.
Next hold the power button down for 60 to 90 seconds.
Then replace the battery, and power cord and try to start your NB.

This procedure is called a "hard reset", and should help fix your issue.

But, if that doesn't work, then try connecting an external monitor.
If you see windows on the external monitor, then you have a dead LED panel, or something related to the LED panel.
Then you will need to RMA if that's the case for LED panel replacement, or what ever the issue is for repairs.
Note all LEDs lighting up (power, disk, num lock) is a good thing.

Hope this helps you my friend.
Good luck, and good gaming!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

GottiBoi55 wrote:

Hi Saleh1204, and welcome to the Asus ROG forum.

Try this procedure, and see if this helps.
First remove power cord, and battery from your NB.
Next hold the power button down for 60 to 90 seconds.
Then replace the battery, and power cord and try to start your NB.

This procedure is called a "hard reset", and should help fix your issue.

But, if that doesn't work, then try connecting an external monitor.
If you see windows on the external monitor, then you have a dead LED panel, or something related to the LED panel.
Then you will need to RMA if that's the case for LED panel replacement, or what ever the issue is for repairs.
Note all LEDs lighting up (power, disk, num lock) is a good thing.

Hope this helps you my friend.
Good luck, and good gaming!

Thank you so much for your reply!!!
I have tried Hard reseting the laptop, but unfortunately no use
I have also tried using HDMI TV, no use either

Well, a couple of days ago I tried turning it on and woha it runs smoothly, do not know how or why cause I did nothing before turning it on.

The problem now is I am afraid of turning it off cause it may never turn back on again.

I read that reflashing the BIOS might be helpful; however, that needs restarting the laptop and I am not sure whether I should do it or not. Especially it is finals time and I need my laptop so I cannot risk losing it.

I took my ASUS G750 to the Customer Service last week because it was not working.
They called me today and said they think they need to replace the motherboard in order to get it working. THEY ARE NOT EVEN SURE :confused:

Changing the Motherboard will cost me around $1000. I bought this laptop in 2013 for $1872. It is so insane that the motherboard itself cost over half of the price. Over $1800 laptop is only good for two years:(. That is just unbelievable:eek:.

I will never recommend people to buy from ASUS anymore because they do not produce good quality products.

The Customer Service I took my laptop to does not only service ASUS. It services other companies like Samsung. When I took my laptop there, there were 3 other people complaining about ASUS products (tablets and laptops).

Hello i have the same problem as you but on the g750jw i was about to ask you what you did with your laptop and as i was typing this it suddenly turn on. Fyi i was trying to turn mine on for a whole day yeaterday and today. I think you might have to keep trying to turn it on and maybe it just will. I had this problem for a while now and i think if you dont shut it off after you turn it on it will be fine. Sorry its not a solution tho.

Change wrote:
Hello i have the same problem as you but on the g750jw i was about to ask you what you did with your laptop and as i was typing this it suddenly turn on. Fyi i was trying to turn mine on for a whole day yeaterday and today. I think you might have to keep trying to turn it on and maybe it just will. I had this problem for a while now and i think if you dont shut it off after you turn it on it will be fine. Sorry its not a solution tho.

I would prefer to buy a new laptop rather changing the motherboard for $1000.
I have been trying to turn it on for many days now, but no luck.

I am working on the last thing before throwing the laptop. I read somewhere that changing the BIOS chip might fix the problem. The BIOS chip cost only $18 from http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIOS-CHIP-for-ASUS-S550CA-S550CM-S550CB-X550CL-G750JX-G750JW-X550CA-X32U-/13.... It might be worth trying. I will let you know how it goes.

Saleh1204 wrote:
I took my ASUS G750 to the Customer Service last week because it was not working.
They called me today and said they think they need to replace the motherboard in order to get it working. THEY ARE NOT EVEN SURE :confused:

Changing the Motherboard will cost me around $1000. I bought this laptop in 2013 for $1872. It is so insane that the motherboard itself cost over half of the price. Over $1800 laptop is only good for two years:(. That is just unbelievable:eek:.

I will never recommend people to buy from ASUS anymore because they do not produce good quality products.

The Customer Service I took my laptop to does not only service ASUS. It services other companies like Samsung. When I took my laptop there, there were 3 other people complaining about ASUS products (tablets and laptops).

It sounds like is is an independent service company that works for ASUS and other companies, but it is not ASUS itself. My one year old daughter poured water into my G750JX and ruined the motherboard I sent it to ASUS in CA (I live in OR) and they were absolutely fantastic, the coast estimate was about $200 including changing the keyboard and it ended costing less than that, even though my warranty was over and they even paid for return shipping. It was super fast and super good service.

Just wanted to clarify that ASUS itself has absolutely fantastic service but the people you got a quote from likely are independent of ASUS and wanted to make some money as all businesses do (ASUS already made their money when you bought the computer).

Better to mail your computer to ASUS if possible...

rodu77 wrote:
It sounds like is is an independent service company that works for ASUS and other companies, but it is not ASUS itself. My one year old daughter poured water into my G750JX and ruined the motherboard I sent it to ASUS in CA (I live in OR) and they were absolutely fantastic, the coast estimate was about $200 including changing the keyboard and it ended costing less than that, even though my warranty was over and they even paid for return shipping. It was super fast and super good service.

Just wanted to clarify that ASUS itself has absolutely fantastic service but the people you got a quote from likely are independent of ASUS and wanted to make some money as all businesses do (ASUS already made their money when you bought the computer).

Better to mail your computer to ASUS if possible...

Sorry for the late reply.
Before taking it to this Customer Service, I contacted ASUS via Email and they redirect me to this Customer Service. So it is ASUS certified service.
Now Thanks to God, after I bought the BIOS chip. I took it to a soldering expert and asked him to replace it for me. After a couple of weeks or so, he contacted me back and saying the laptop is working again Yay. It is not dead anymore.

I still do not know what caused the BIOS chip to not working. However, I am glad that it is working now and only cost roughly $20.