cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uefi bios 1801

vmanuelgm
Level 11
New UEFI BIOS 1801:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/Rampage_V_Extreme/RAMPAGE-V-EXTREME-ASUS-1801.zip

Improve system stability

🙂
Asus x670e Hero, 7950x, TG 7000, Master 4090, 970 PRO, 860 EVO, Intel 750,
SN850, SN750, 840 Pro, 2xSkyhawk 4TB, Pioneer S12U
EVGA T2 1600, Silverstone TJ11, Custom LC, Acer Predator x35, Philips OLED
58 REPLIES 58

gene-iv-ocz-rev
Level 7
I updated and am testing stock speed for today. I already ran the aida64 benchmark for 5mins and had to stop as the system was sticky while trying to move the mouse it would pause as would keystrokes.

If it don't crash all day while I work then I'm going to push it over the edge and see how it does.

Avenger411
Level 10
Hey,

Can we get any detailed infos ? "Improved System Stability" says nothing.

Max
Cpu : Intel 5930K@4.25ghz@1.2v / Cache @4.25ghz@1.20v
Cpu Cooler : Corsair H100i
Case : Corsair 780T
Memory : G.Skills 32GB DDR4-3200mhz CAS 15-15-15-35-1T@1.370v
Motherboard : Asus Rampage V Extreme (BIOS 3504)
M2 : Samsung 950 Pro NVME 512gb (Gaming)
M2 : SSD1 : OCZ RD400A 128gb (windows)
SSD1 : Crucial MX100 512gb (data)
Gfx : EVGA Titan X w/ 980 Hybrid Cooling AiO Liquid Cooler
PSU : Antec HCP-1000W
Monitor : Asus RoG Swift

vmanuelgm
Level 11
Bad news in my case. Need more core voltage for same oc and memory stability is worse.

So going back to 1701 mod.

😞
Asus x670e Hero, 7950x, TG 7000, Master 4090, 970 PRO, 860 EVO, Intel 750,
SN850, SN750, 840 Pro, 2xSkyhawk 4TB, Pioneer S12U
EVGA T2 1600, Silverstone TJ11, Custom LC, Acer Predator x35, Philips OLED

BeltFed
Level 7
Interesting. It does not show up under Windows 10 64-bit. Is it safe to assume not for Win 10 then?

Korth
Level 14
I lost and had to manually re-enter my BIOS tweaks and voltages and timings when upgrading to 1701 (and 1502, and 1302, and 1103, etc) ... every BIOS update from 1302 onwards breaks my RAID ... many BIOS updates from 0802 onwards have temporarily stalled my operating systems with mismatched driver versions, etc. I have BIOS screenshots (of course!) but it's still a minor hassle to methodically go through every setting from top to bottom each and every time the firmware changes, even if only to confirm nothing was changed or broken.

My system can already run all the stress tests (Prime95, FurMark, HeavyLoad, SuperPi, IntelBurnTest, PassMark BurnInTest, etc), overclocked, uninterrupted, unattended, for at least 24 hours without throttling or crashing or overheating.
All of my hardware is already fully supported by 1701. And 1302, lol.

So, again, this R5E firmware update seem to offer a vague promise of greater stability vs a solid history of breaking things that already work.

Can we not have a text document which summaries what is more stable, what hardware is affected, what software is affected, what BIOS settings are changed or added? A small thing to ask, since almost every other mobo vendor considers such documentation essential.

It's hard to give Asus useful feedback when we're forced to guess which of their precious secrets might fix, improve, or break our systems.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

gene-iv-ocz-rev
Level 7
I opened a live chat request and long story short got this:

kft The question/problem I have is that bios releases don't come with any details about what's been changed/fixed.

Apollonia S. To improve system stability just stating that ensure the BIOS is stable and wont crash, it will also support 5th generation processors, PCIE USB 3.1 and support 16B DD4 memory modules.

kft Ok so that's the official list of changes for 1801?

Apollonia S. That is correct.

Avenger411 wrote:
Hey,

Can we get any detailed infos ? "Improved System Stability" says nothing.

Max

Translates to "we fixed a major bobo and won't admit it happened", I doubt it is the Vcore overvolting issue as they really have no clue about that due to how long it has gone on for.

BeltFed wrote:
Interesting. It does not show up under Windows 10 64-bit. Is it safe to assume not for Win 10 then?

It will when they remember to update that page

gene-iv-ocz-revo3-240 wrote:
I opened a live chat request and long story short got this:

kft The question/problem I have is that bios releases don't come with any details about what's been changed/fixed.

Apollonia S. To improve system stability just stating that ensure the BIOS is stable and wont crash, it will also support 5th generation processors, PCIE USB 3.1 and support 16B DD4 memory modules.

kft Ok so that's the official list of changes for 1801?

Apollonia S. That is correct.

Not sure why you expect support to know but that was a complete pratt who just pulled the wool over your eyes by combining the 1302 + 1401 + 1502 BIOS update changelogs.

Welcome to Asus support.

gene-iv-ocz-rev
Level 7
That was the point. The support sucks obviously.