Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    New ROGer Array

gl522vx

I have the VX version of GL522. clearly states on back only supports SATA m2 ( not MVIe ) as I found out when I stuck a 500gb MVIe SSD in and nothing found.

what I cant find anywhere is if a 500gb SATA m2 drive will work such as WD blue 500gb 3d NAND or the Crucial MX500 . its really not worth me upgrading the current 128gb to only 256gb . minimum would be 500gb though the WD blue 1TB sata m2 would be great. downside is no performance increase compared to the read / writes of an MVIe M2 drive but capacity is my big issue as im constantly struggling with space on the 128gb boot drive.
    "
    really is frustrating that theres no clear information hat states "maximum capacity" yes I can clearly find how much maximum ram the system will take so why doesn't asus list the same for storage.

New ROGer Array

confirmed working

I can confirm the crucial MX500 500gb Sata m.2 SSD works 100% fine.. comes with link for acronis true image, cloned boot drive ( 128gb SSD ) onto the crucial 500gb ( external case off amazon for a tenner ) , took around 5 minutes to clone.. took out 128gb ssd. stuck in 500gb crucial ssd.. booted and working perfectly.. happy days.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5