cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Hero - wakeup system from KeyBot is not working

Battosai
Level 7
Hello, I've tried to enable the Keybot feature on my Hero Motherboard, but starting the system from keyboard does not work for me. (boot with enter)

I followed this guide here: http://rog.asus.com/319112014/maximus-motherboards/what-is-rog-keybot/

So here is what i've already done:

1. In Bios I put ErP Ready to S5 under \Advanced\APM Configuration
2. The keyboard is in the correct USB Port
3. I've upgraded the bios firmware to 1202
4. Tested with different keyboards

Does this work for anyone on a Maximus VIII Hero? Any help is appreciated, Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

RogueEric
Level 7
I haven't gotten the wakeup to work with my G.Skill KM780 RGB either.

Twisted8ight
Level 7
Battosai wrote:
Hello, I've tried to enable the Keybot feature on my Hero Motherboard, but starting the system from keyboard does not work for me. (boot with enter)

I followed this guide here: http://rog.asus.com/319112014/maximus-motherboards/what-is-rog-keybot/

So here is what i've already done:

1. In Bios I put ErP Ready to S5 under \Advanced\APM Configuration
2. The keyboard is in the correct USB Port
3. I've upgraded the bios firmware to 1202
4. Tested with different keyboards

Does this work for anyone on a Maximus VIII Hero? Any help is appreciated, Thanks

Yeah, I'm having the exact same issue on my Rampage V Extreme.

But I wanted to ask you, since in the list you provided with steps you have done so far, it doesn't mention clicking the KeyBot button on your motherboard.
I don't really know the Hero, but I have a KeyBot button on my Rampage, so I'm assuming you do to.
When this is activated, there should be an LED lighting up.

Also you don't mention donwloading the KeyBot Software that you can find on the ASUS support-site. Just look up your Motherboard there and you should find the software under utilities.
-------
However, I have no idea of how to proceed from where I stand at the moment either.
Here is what I've done so far and what I'm using.
- ROG Claymore keyboard.
- KeyBot Software
- KeyBot MB-switch ON
- I've tried both S4/S5 and S5 mode. The KeyBot software does not detect the switch to it.
- Using the KeyBot usb-port.

My theory is that the last thing to do is to get this KeyBot software to actually detect the bios change. But I have absolutely no idea of how to do that so..
Other issues I've had with ASUS seem to end up with a "unplug and plug it back in" type of fix anyway. So I'll test reinstalling it a few times or something..

Sidenote: I've been trying to find info on this, but there really isn't much. Only thing I've seen different in a few manuals is that they refer to KeyBot ll, not simply KeyBot. This could just be a software update or have some other significance. I don't know.