cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios 1102 or 1202 for OC Stability?

kussii
Level 7
Hi i am thinking of updating the bios from 1102 but i would like a lil info if i will get any benefit with i.e voltage/Stability, atm my OC.
i only use AI3 just to check my water pump/fans, all OC done via Bios

are my voltage ok at my current OC would you say
LLC 5 (do you think i can lower it to LLC 4 to drop the max voltage or?)

my Temps ATM (Max i seen temps at 66c)

Ty
9 REPLIES 9

Menthol
Level 14
Your overclock, voltages and temps look good to me, you can lower LLC and give it a try, what can it hurt. Although everything looks good personally I would update the bios to the latest. Could you list your hardware specs for everyone to see

Chino
Level 15
If your system is stable, stick with your current BIOS. If you like experimenting, go ahead and try the latest BIOS. Some users have better luck with older BIOS and some with the newer ones. Only way to know for sure is trying it.

kussii
Level 7
Sorry i thought i had subed so i get emials wen ppl posted lol.
so its a hit and miss on my part whether or not to upgrade hmm...... OK
Q if i save my OC Settings to a usb can i then use it to restore the OC settings or should i not do that?

Menthol
Level 14
You can not transfer the settings between bios versions, when you flash to a different bios version it's start over, but what you can do is save screen shots of the settings in the bios to a USB drive then you can save them for future reference

kussii
Level 7
OK great TY for the info and have a great Xmas n NewYr!!

AKBAAR
Level 9
kussii wrote:
Hi i am thinking of updating the bios from 1102 but i would like a lil info if i will get any benefit with i.e voltage/Stability, atm my OC.
i only use AI3 just to check my water pump/fans, all OC done via Bios

Ty

Well dude your voltages are so high for 4.6 and you temp is much higher too on that speed.
also your VCCIO and system agent are so high// here is my settings and temp with 4.625Ghz with 128mhz BCLK

here is some shots from bios

I used HandBrake H.264 Video encoder which is best stress test for Skylake processors.

as you may see I have Bus clock Running at 125mhz. so the ring clock (cache speed) 4621 and System Agent clock is running 1000mhz which was only possible when I flashed the Intel managment engine for the mother boards to latest firmware. Previously I only could run at 800mhz.

here is the image

kussii
Level 7
i didnt no you can upgrade the firmware Intel managment engine for the mother boards is there a guide some where for that?

kussii wrote:
i didnt no you can upgrade the firmware Intel managment engine for the mother boards is there a guide some where for that?

yes there is, here you go enjoy lates ME firmware for your mobo! it faixes alot of things!!
http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=select&id=88〈=fr

and this here is best place!!
http://www.win-raid.com/f39-Special-Intel-Management-Engine.html

kussii
Level 7
ok drop vccio+CPUSAV to 1.120
my Vcore is at 1.357 adapative +20 in bios
stresstesting and my core vid hits 1.379