cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything to know/learn about OC-ing 980Ti Matrix Platinum

DoX
Level 7
Hi everyone!

I recently purchased this GPU and I have a few questions related to it.

First of all I think the card is amazing, it really OC's well, can get past 1500Mhz really easy but I need a bit of help.

The main thing I'd like to ask is why does GPU-Z displays the same Bios version both with Bios switch in Standard or LN2 position ?
Isn't it supposed to unlock voltage control of the card and raise the power limit of it ? And also change to another Bios version.
This:

I mean, the Classified 980Ti has 140% Power Limit and with LN2 switch on and the Asus Matrix gets only 110% ? And what about the voltage ?

Is there perhaps any "cooked" bios for it that unlocks these two options since I don't need anything else. I think I could reach much more with Power Limit set over 110% and with my temps bellow 60c.

Anyone else with similar "issues" or ideas ?

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

Chino
Level 15

DoX
Level 7
Will that also unlock the Power Limit or only remove the current limit for the Voltage ?

Also, will it void the warranty ?

DoX
Level 7
Alright, thanks for the info. Will get back if I test it out soon.

DoX
Level 7
Will removing the sticker from one of the screws of the GPU block also void warranty ?

Chino
Level 15
I would think so. But why would you remove the screws?

You can solder the points at the back without removing the backplate. In the past, I have seen users temporarily attaching a cable to the solder points instead of physically soldering them together.

DoX
Level 7
I'd like to take off the factory TIM and put Grizzly Kryonaut on the GPU, I think it could improve the thermals.

And for the LN2 mode unlock, do I need to solder or connect both of the LN2 and Mem Heater solder poinst or only LN2 points so it would unlock the voltage and the power limit ?