ROG Member Array

Everything to know/learn about OC-ing 980Ti Matrix Platinum

Hi everyone!

I recently purchased this GPU and I have a few questions related to it.

First of all I think the card is amazing, it really OC's well, can get past 1500Mhz really easy but I need a bit of help.

The main thing I'd like to ask is why does GPU-Z displays the same Bios version both with Bios switch in Standard or LN2 position ?
    Isn't it supposed to unlock voltage control of the card and raise the power limit of it ? And also change to another Bios version.
    This:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M.gif 
Views:	60 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	54091

I mean, the Classified 980Ti has 140% Power Limit and with LN2 switch on and the Asus Matrix gets only 110% ? And what about the voltage ?

Is there perhaps any "cooked" bios for it that unlocks these two options since I don't need anything else. I think I could reach much more with Power Limit set over 110% and with my temps bellow 60c.

Anyone else with similar "issues" or ideas ?

Thanks!
    Last edited by DoX; 12-15-2015 at 03:03 PM.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

You need to solder the pins at the back of the GPU then switch to the LN2 vBIOS to unlock the voltage.

ROG Member Array

Will that also unlock the Power Limit or only remove the current limit for the Voltage ?

Also, will it void the warranty ?

ROG Member Array

Alright, thanks for the info. Will get back if I test it out soon.

ROG Member Array

Will removing the sticker from one of the screws of the GPU block also void warranty ?

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

I would think so. But why would you remove the screws?

You can solder the points at the back without removing the backplate. In the past, I have seen users temporarily attaching a cable to the solder points instead of physically soldering them together.

ROG Member Array

I'd like to take off the factory TIM and put Grizzly Kryonaut on the GPU, I think it could improve the thermals.

And for the LN2 mode unlock, do I need to solder or connect both of the LN2 and Mem Heater solder poinst or only LN2 points so it would unlock the voltage and the power limit ?