cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JL Memory Upgrade Question

USMCSGT
Level 7
I am pretty new to this whole laptop thing having been a desktop guy for years. I recently thought I would upgrade the memory in this thing, so i purchased 2 8GB banks of Corsair Ram. Opened the back panel and installed one which worked then the other and nothing happened would not boot up. So then I removed the keyboard, removed the bank of Samsung RAM and installed both banks. Works great with the two on top of the motherboard. Now comes the issue. I purchased two more 8GB banks of corsair, tried to install them and anytime a third bank is in the machine it will not boot up, let alone with all 4 in the machine. I have used all four banks in the top slots and ran memtest, the banks all read good with the same specs.

I am totally lost as to why it is doing this. What specs I can find say the board supports 32 not just 16.

Any help would be much appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

Clintlgm
Level 14
It sounds like maybe the corsair ram may be 1.5 volts your notebook needs 1.35 only.
Also to use all four slots you have to match up all 4 stick Same voltages and Timings
This sticky thread at the top up there explains it all pretty well http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?53752-1-35V-memory-required-in-G751-G771-G551s-(same-as-G75...
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

USMCSGT
Level 7
Yes, I read the sticky which is why I bought four matching sticks. They are 1.35v. Wondered if it was something I was maybe missing. Not that I need 32 for any reason just OCD. There are four slots should be four sticks.

USMCSGT wrote:
Yes, I read the sticky which is why I bought four matching sticks. They are 1.35v. Wondered if it was something I was maybe missing. Not that I need 32 for any reason just OCD. There are four slots should be four sticks.

If you read the sticky you would see multiple users saying corsair has problems with selling 1.5v memory and saying its 1.35v compatible not actually 1.35v and multiple people recommending gskill.
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JustinThyme
Level 13
32GB of Gskill Ripjaw 2133 running flawlessly.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein