cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RVE Updating Drivers and Software bundle

karab44
Level 7
Hello!

Could anybody tell how to painlessly update the Rampage V Extreme drivers and Software? I previously installed whole bundle from CD/DVD drive but today it's rather outdated and there are newer versions available online on support webpage which is a bit messy. So is there nice way of updating all the stuff by any updater maybe? I can't believe with all that in my opinion useless radars and sonars and other keybots there is no updating software included. Or maybe I am wrong?

Thank you in advance
Albert
35 REPLIES 35

Techotic
Level 7
Unfortunately, there is no easy one-click update everything. You pretty much have to download and install everything individually.

chemoletter
Level 7
just do it one at a time and see if you really need every piece of software they offer i suggest.

karab44
Level 7
Is this a flagship ASUS product or a joke?

Even if I omit the funny apps there are 16 motherboard drivers left packed separately.

karab44 wrote:

Even if I omit the funny apps there are 16 motherboard drivers left packed separately.

Please don't confuse "flagship" with "ease of use". This is an enthusiasts product and as such having the flexibility to tweak or install what you want, when you want it is what makes this board powerful. The provided dvd is meant to give you a good base. Hell I don't even use it since I know most of the drivers are out date from the start and smart suite is a learning tool.

If you are buying it for status or to have one button setup you might be better off buying a dell.

Sorry but I don't mean to be harsh but I don't think any enthusiast would ask for a one click install to blow away all of their drivers.
Sometimes you only need to update one.

jdpg265 wrote:
Please don't confuse "flagship" with "ease of use". This is an enthusiasts product and as such having the flexibility to tweak or install what you want, when you want it is what makes this board powerful.

Sorry but I don't follow your thinking...
What "ease of use" has to do with "enthusiasts product"? There is something called the quality of a product. I use PC's for 20 years and nowadays forcing user to do monkey job with manually juggling all these files is not the way of providing quality to a product. As far as I understand you, all enthusiasts are copying thousands of files one by one from FTP server to update Windows? Is this what "enthusiasts" mean to you? I don't understand...

Please... you can get the same control and flexibility over the installation with kind of some notifier/updater but in more convenient and time-saving way. On other hand if it extisted nobody tells you to use it. You could keep downloading your files manually if you wish.

Chino, thank you for a hint. EZ Update never ever updated a single file for me. I checked the fw rules and they're ok. Instead of that I spent some time writting a script which downloads and batches all motherboard drivers and AI Suite3 with dependencies straight from support website. It's a bit awkward but still better than downloading the files manually. I personally use tools provided from ASUS except these dedicated for gaming only.

I think in this matter ASUS still has a lot of space for improvements.

Well, it may be painful at first, but there are only a dozen or so files to download and with a 'mature' board like the RVE that has been out for well over a year now, the driver base is fairly stable. What I mean is that they don't change much now, and really it seems that only the BIOS gets an update every few months - and that will eventually slow to a stop unless there is some major issue or new hardware support that will justify a fresh BIOS..
ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro

karab44 wrote:

Even if they did supply people with a all in one driver setup i wouldn't use it as 99% of Asus drivers are 6 months out of date when there posted for download.

Chino
Level 15
Most of the utilities are part of the AI Suite 3 program so downloading that will update most of them. There are a few others that will need to be downloaded separately. Within AI Suite 3, there is an EZ Update module to update drivers and software if you're too lazy to download them one by one. I wouldn't recommend updating the BIOS through this method though.

karab44
Level 7
BIOS update in RVE is one of the nicest experiences for a user. Easy, fast and possible to achieve in many confident ways. And to make it clear - I am talking here about the updating, not the bios itself.