Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V Extreme Issues/No Issues

Okay, so after chatting with a few users on this forum, I've realized that the question to ask here is...

Who has had an Asus ROG RAMPAGE V Extreme for more than half a year/six months and hasn't had problems with it...?

Judging by everything I've heard I haven't had one person tell me they haven't had problems with this board, and that is really unattractive. Has anyone been using this board for a long enough time to be able to answer this?

And again, if not, does anyone have experience with the MSI X99A GODLIKE Gaming or MSI X99A Gaming 9 ACK? Is the reliability better with MSI regarding issues with MOBO's?

Lets discuss

-Kyle

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Menthol PC Specs
    Menthol PC Specs
    MotherboardM 10 Apex / XI gene
    Processor8700K / 9900K
    Memory (part number)2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4266/2x2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4500
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080ti / GTX 1060
    Sound CardSoundBlaster Ae5 / Onboard
    MonitorBENQ 32" 4K
    Storage #1Intel 900p 480GB/Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2Intel 750 1.2TB/Plextor 1 TB 2X 950 Pro
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i AIO / H1110i
    CaseCorsair 740 ? Lian Li Air
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i / AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair
    Mouse ASUS Strix
    Headset HyperX Cloud Alpha
    Mouse Pad ASUS
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906
    OS 10 X64 Pro
    Network RouterVerizon Fios
    Accessory #1 Intel Wifi BT pcie card
    Accessory #2 Red Bull
    Accessory #3 English Breakfast Tea

I have had a R5E from release, every one is going to have some kind of issue with any system sometime or another, do you see any other manufacturer with a user based forum that compares to these forums
    ASUS sells more boards than anyone else and these forums attract more users than any other manufacturers forums so obviously you will see more people posting there issues
    The smart thing to do is read all the reviews on the net to help make your decision
    I would say picking the correct components to go with the motherboard will determine if you have issues or not, these are high end motherboards and you should purchase high end components to compliment it
    The correct choice of power supply, always go over kill on the power supply
    The correct choice of memory and USB peripherals is where most of the compatibility issues are eliminated, still high end boards require some user tuning to get the most out of them and ROG UEFI bios's are regarded as the best in the industry and the fact that you see every other manufacturer mimic or copy ASUS ROG looks and features is a strong indication that ASUS is doing it right.

ROG Member Array GoldenChallis PC Specs
    GoldenChallis PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V
    Processor5930K
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M4B3300C16
    Graphics Card #1MSI 980Ti
    Graphics Card #2MSI 980Ti
    Sound CardXonar
    MonitorS2716DG 27" 2560x1440 TN G-Sync 144Hz
    Storage #1Samsung SM951 256G
    Storage #22xseagate 8tb 3x3tb seagate 2x1tb samsung-26tb storage total
    CPU CoolerH100i Gtx
    CaseCosmos II ( best case I've owned)
    Power SupplyLeadtec 1300w
    Keyboard G19
    Mouse RAT 7
    Headset mmx 300 beyerdynamic ( Best one yet)
    Mouse Pad Razor
    OS Win 10 Pro 64Bit
    Accessory #1 Saitek X52 Pro
    Accessory #2 Xbox controller

Hi Kyle

I've had mine for almost 9 months now. Not a single issue my end. This is my 7th Pc build I've made for myself. So I'm no expert.
    Technical forums dont tend to have people coming on and saying how amazing their rig is and they've never had problems.
    they come here to get help, vent and express there pain And that's what you get

What you wont see very often are posts like, hi i got a Asus/MSI board. omg its the best and i have no problems.

Msi's forums are no different. you will see alot of people complaining and having issues.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array vmanuelgm's Avatar

I had it since the beginning, and I am in my fourth RVE.

Sold the first one to try other boards. The second one got dead. The third had problems with usb's and fourth is here working ok...

I have known a lot of users with problems too, specially with dead board/cpu and usb's...
    Omega, 7980xe, G.Skill 3600, 2080Ti, SM951 256, 960 EVO 512, 860 EVO 1TB
    Intel 750, WD SN750 Black, 840 Pro, 2xSkyhawk 4TB, 7200.14 2TB, BDR-207EBK
    EVGA T2 1600, Silverstone TJ11, Custom LC. @Acer Predator x34

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Im not here for long, only got my r5e about two months ago, less even. Since visiting these forums ive seen a lot of people that arrive pulling their hair just to end up solving their issues and concluding it was some user tweaking stuff not mobo defects Ive even seen posts describing how it was wrong to rma the mobo just to find the problem was the cpu after all Some forget that tweaking beyond the limits may endanger the expensive components and then blame how the mobo did not handle that extreme tweaking of the egg frying temps
    In my case I arrived looking at the board and bios like a donkey looks at a palace and got some help and slowly found my way around things and am on my way with caution not to take steps longer than my legs and burn something
    In a general matter I am pleased with what I got, hope it continues this way

ROG Member Array

RMA my R4E. Upgraded to the R5E and got it last week. During Windows installation, the BIOS hangs during POST if my 2x (dual monitors) Dell 3014 USB connectors are attached to the board. A strange error. If only one USB cable is connected, it works fine. But with two it's a no go. This only happens if I do a restart either from Windows or if some other software triggers a restart.

No issues like this with the R4E.

Any suggestions? Cleared BIOS and is fully updated.

So yes, problems...

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array red454 PC Specs
    red454 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme BIOS 3801
    Processor5820K
    Memory (part number)32GB - G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    MonitorDual 23"
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Nepton 280L
    CaseThermaltake Core X9
    Power SupplyDARK POWER PRO 11 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech G19S
    Mouse Logitech G600
    OS Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterLinksys EA9500
    Accessory #1 FreeNAS Server with 8TB

My RVE seems, for the most part to be ok. I do have a USB 3.0 docking station (for data backup) that worked fine with my Maximus V Formula system. With my new RVE, it drops out frequently regardless of which USB port it is plugged into. That is about the only issue I have so far. Well, there is one other - I can't get it to go into sleep mode, but I haven't really looked into that yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aje View Post
    RMA my R4E. Upgraded to the R5E and got it last week. During Windows installation, the BIOS hangs during POST if my 2x (dual monitors) Dell 3014 USB connectors are attached to the board. A strange error. If only one USB cable is connected, it works fine. But with two it's a no go. This only happens if I do a restart either from Windows or if some other software triggers a restart.

No issues like this with the R4E.

Any suggestions? Cleared BIOS and is fully updated.

So yes, problems...
    Last edited by red454; 12-17-2015 at 03:17 PM.
    ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 3801 | i7-5820K | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by Menthol View Post
    I have had a R5E from release
    Same here. No problems at all.

Kyle, you have to take into consideration that this is a support form. So most, if not all, users come here to solve their problem. Thus the many threads with problems. LOL

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Qwinn PC Specs
    Qwinn PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme - BIOS 3301
    Processor5930K @ 4.4 GHz Adaptive 1.27v / 4.2 Ghz cache Offset +0.27v / Input 1.92v / LLC7
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 32gb DDR4-2666Mhz 15-15-15-35-CR2 1.2v at XMP settings
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti OC to 1455Mhz Core 8000Mhz memory at Stock Voltage
    Graphics Card #2Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti SLI
    MonitorROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Intel 750 PCIe 1.2TB
    Storage #2Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SSD
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate (360" rad AIO)
    CaseThermalTake v71 Full Tower
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Saitek Eclipse II
    Mouse Razer A5090 Master of Destiny
    OS Windows 10 Professional 64 bit Build 10586

I've had my RVE since June 2015. I have no complaints. Everything so far has worked as advertised.

ROG Member Array

Ahah fair enough. It's just heartbreaking seeing SO many bad reviews for a top of the line product. Especially when I've never built a PC before and never over locked before. Is there a more user friendly MOBO by any chance that is more reliable get will offer the game gaming experience performance wise?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast