cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS GT752VT not happy after I bought, you can't have a true raid0?

mbuccarello
Level 7
I bought this laptop because I'm tryed to find the best performarnce.

Btw, the laptop is good but you can't have a true raid0 for your 2 pciexp slots.

This is a boring situation, asus said you could have raid on your laptop but didn't say you can have a raid only for your sata ssd disk.....

Is this right way to sell expensive laptop to customer?

Also the techical pdf guide provided from the asus dowload center is really unuseful without technical details.

I bought an asus because I thought asus is a serious vendor but is this true?

I'm really getting confused...
41 REPLIES 41

Julskey
Level 10
Maybe it will become available in future updates.

Maybe ....

But why the tecnical specs in the pdf manual are so confusing and not detailed?

mbuccarello wrote:
Maybe ....

But why the tecnical specs in the pdf manual are so confusing and not detailed?

I'm not justifyng but is a new product with all-new Technologies...we have to wait that ASUS technician resolve some issue (like RAID menù and other stuff) if you jump onto my post, i've described everything.

I spent over 3000 euro for this laptop, and isn't for gaming but for work..

If you spent more money and fail because the "best" laptop vendor is not the true "best" and don't provide a good technical spec guide why justify it?

I repeat, I spent 3000 euro.... and for work... not for gaming... Is not a game, I need to work!

mbuccarello wrote:
I spent over 3000 euro for this laptop, and isn't for gaming but for work..

If you spent more money and fail because the "best" laptop vendor is not the true "best" and don't provide a good technical spec guide why justify it?

I repeat, I spent 3000 euro.... and for work... not for gaming... Is not a game, I need to work!

My Clevo P870DM-G supports RAID 0 for the NVMe m.2 SSDs AND the SATA SSDs/HDDs or all of them together, the possibilities are endless. Clevo is also a Taiwanese manufacturer

Here are my specs:

Clevo P870DM-G Laptop (Phoenix)]CPU: Intel Skylake i7-6700K @ 4.2GHz
Memory: Samsung 64GB 2133MHz DDR4 RAM
Graphics: 2x GeForce GTX 980M 8.0GB GDDR5 SLI
Audio: Integrated High-Definition Audio powered by Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5
Storage: 2x Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (RAID 0) + 2x Samsung Spinpoint M9T ST2000LM003 5400 RPM 32MB Cache 2TB HDD (RAID 0)
LAN: Dual Killer DoubleShot-X3 Pro with Smart Teaming RJ-45 LAN (10/100/1000Mbps)
Wireless: Intel Wireless-AC 8260 w/ Bluetooth 4.0
Screen: 17.3" LG LP173WF4-SPF1 IPS FHD Matte Screen (G-SYNC)
Power: 2x330W (600W) AC Power Adapter

matrixleader wrote:
My Clevo P870DM-G supports RAID 0 for the NVMe m.2 SSDs AND the SATA SSDs/HDDs or all of them together, the possibilities are endless. Clevo is also a Taiwanese manufacturer

Here are my specs:

Clevo P870DM-G Laptop (Phoenix)]CPU: Intel Skylake i7-6700K @ 4.2GHz
Memory: Samsung 64GB 2133MHz DDR4 RAM
Graphics: 2x GeForce GTX 980M 8.0GB GDDR5 SLI
Audio: Integrated High-Definition Audio powered by Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5
Storage: 2x Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (RAID 0) + 2x Samsung Spinpoint M9T ST2000LM003 5400 RPM 32MB Cache 2TB HDD (RAID 0)
LAN: Dual Killer DoubleShot-X3 Pro with Smart Teaming RJ-45 LAN (10/100/1000Mbps)
Wireless: Intel Wireless-AC 8260 w/ Bluetooth 4.0
Screen: 17.3" LG LP173WF4-SPF1 IPS FHD Matte Screen (G-SYNC)
Power: 2x330W (600W) AC Power Adapter

Nice spec but...a Little bit OT? 

Dr4g0n36 wrote:
Nice spec but...a Little bit OT? 😁

didn't mean to go OT, I just meant that dual M.2 SSDs in RAID is possible, must be just a BIOS limitation

Corporal
Level 9
Maybe it will become available in future updates.

we have to wait that ASUS technician resolve some issue (like RAID menù and other stuff

Don't hold your breath. With ASUS, what you see is what you get, no new features will be implemented with an update
Maybe ASUS will release a "new" G752 model with Raid 0 support later this year, just like they did with G751 and Gsync 😉

I also got a G752VT with no m.2 ssd. I just bought a 250gb 850 EVO SSD and it worked just fine for me and total cost was under 1,800USD. Just wait until asus sorts it all out.