Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42
  1. #11
    nb Array NeoBeum PC Specs
    NeoBeum PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G751JY
    MotherboardHM87
    Processori7-4860HQ
    Memory (part number)32Gb Kingston Hyper-X
    Graphics Card #1nVidia GTX980M
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256 Gb, Samsung 850 Pro 512 Gb
    Storage #22 TB HGST 7KRPM RAID0
    OS Windows Server 2016 Datacenter
    NeoBeum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    175

    this cheers me up slightly because you just saved me money... but at the same time makes me sad



    edit:

    how many pcie slots are there?
    just the 1 like on the 751?



    disregard... found the disassembly post
    Last edited by NeoBeum; 12-19-2015 at 09:06 PM.
    <img src="eckyeckypoobah.gif" onerror="alert('An error occurred loading the image.')" />

  2. #12
    ROG Enthusiast Array matrixleader PC Specs
    matrixleader PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)EUROCOM Sky X9
    MotherboardIntel Sunrise Point Z170
    ProcessorIntel Skylake i7-6700K @ 4.2 GHz
    Memory (part number)Samsung 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 2400 MHz
    Graphics Card #1GeForce GTX 980 8.0GB GDDR5 (Desktop Version)
    Sound CardSound Blaster 3D Audio
    MonitorLG LP173WF4-SPD1 17.3" 1920x1080 IPS FHD (16:9) LED Antiglare Matte Screen with G-SYNC Technology
    Storage #12 x Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (RAID 0)
    Storage #22x Samsung Spinpoint M9T ST2000LM003 5400 RPM 32MB Cache 2TB HDD (RAID 0)
    CPU CoolerIC Diamong Thermal Paste
    Power Supply660W AC Power Adapter
    Mouse Logitech G602
    Mouse Pad Razer Manticor
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo Speakers
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC68U
    matrixleader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    73

    Quote Originally Posted by mbuccarello View Post
    I spent over 3000 euro for this laptop, and isn't for gaming but for work..

    If you spent more money and fail because the "best" laptop vendor is not the true "best" and don't provide a good technical spec guide why justify it?


    I repeat, I spent 3000 euro.... and for work... not for gaming... Is not a game, I need to work!
    My Clevo P870DM-G supports RAID 0 for the NVMe m.2 SSDs AND the SATA SSDs/HDDs or all of them together, the possibilities are endless. Clevo is also a Taiwanese manufacturer

    Here are my specs:

    Clevo P870DM-G Laptop (Phoenix)]CPU: Intel Skylake i7-6700K @ 4.2GHz
    Memory: Samsung 64GB 2133MHz DDR4 RAM
    Graphics: 2x GeForce GTX 980M 8.0GB GDDR5 SLI
    Audio: Integrated High-Definition Audio powered by Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5
    Storage: 2x Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (RAID 0) + 2x Samsung Spinpoint M9T ST2000LM003 5400 RPM 32MB Cache 2TB HDD (RAID 0)
    LAN: Dual Killer DoubleShot-X3 Pro with Smart Teaming RJ-45 LAN (10/100/1000Mbps)
    Wireless: Intel Wireless-AC 8260 w/ Bluetooth 4.0
    Screen: 17.3" LG LP173WF4-SPF1 IPS FHD Matte Screen (G-SYNC)
    Power: 2x330W (600W) AC Power Adapter
    OS: Windows 10 Pro

  3. #13
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    265

    Quote Originally Posted by matrixleader View Post
    My Clevo P870DM-G supports RAID 0 for the NVMe m.2 SSDs AND the SATA SSDs/HDDs or all of them together, the possibilities are endless. Clevo is also a Taiwanese manufacturer

    Here are my specs:

    Clevo P870DM-G Laptop (Phoenix)]CPU: Intel Skylake i7-6700K @ 4.2GHz
    Memory: Samsung 64GB 2133MHz DDR4 RAM
    Graphics: 2x GeForce GTX 980M 8.0GB GDDR5 SLI
    Audio: Integrated High-Definition Audio powered by Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5
    Storage: 2x Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (RAID 0) + 2x Samsung Spinpoint M9T ST2000LM003 5400 RPM 32MB Cache 2TB HDD (RAID 0)
    LAN: Dual Killer DoubleShot-X3 Pro with Smart Teaming RJ-45 LAN (10/100/1000Mbps)
    Wireless: Intel Wireless-AC 8260 w/ Bluetooth 4.0
    Screen: 17.3" LG LP173WF4-SPF1 IPS FHD Matte Screen (G-SYNC)
    Power: 2x330W (600W) AC Power Adapter
    OS: Windows 10 Pro
    Nice spec but...a Little bit OT? 😁

  4. #14
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    310

    Power: 2x330W (600W) AC Power Adapter
    Do you actually use two physical PSUs at the same time?
    Last edited by Corporal; 12-20-2015 at 01:04 AM.

  5. #15
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    13

    I tryed to use the win software raid but isn't good..

    but the real problem is going across other thread in this forum it seems asus have some issue with the m.2 ssd 950pro.

    Actualy you can't install the samsung nvme driver.

    I don't know if the issue is on the asus or samsung side, the technology is really young but is a crazy situation for this HIGH quality of materials!!

    I repeat, I'M NOT HAPPY, I UNDERSTOOD IS A NEW TECHNOLOGY BUT WHY DON'T DETAIL THE TYPE OF POSSIBLE RAID INSIDE THE ONLINE PDF MANUAL??!?!?!?!!?

  6. #16
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro
    Clintlgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    105
    Posts
    4,123

    I don't have an answer for you however raid was probably not thought to be needed with the speed of these new M.2 SSD, with the new ness of the NVMe there may be issues with trying to raid these drives? Remember RAID was a concept used with Spinner hard drives. Also I don't remember seeing any information that these notebooks natively supported RAID configurations?
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

    Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

  7. #17
    ROG Enthusiast Array matrixleader PC Specs
    matrixleader PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)EUROCOM Sky X9
    MotherboardIntel Sunrise Point Z170
    ProcessorIntel Skylake i7-6700K @ 4.2 GHz
    Memory (part number)Samsung 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 2400 MHz
    Graphics Card #1GeForce GTX 980 8.0GB GDDR5 (Desktop Version)
    Sound CardSound Blaster 3D Audio
    MonitorLG LP173WF4-SPD1 17.3" 1920x1080 IPS FHD (16:9) LED Antiglare Matte Screen with G-SYNC Technology
    Storage #12 x Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (RAID 0)
    Storage #22x Samsung Spinpoint M9T ST2000LM003 5400 RPM 32MB Cache 2TB HDD (RAID 0)
    CPU CoolerIC Diamong Thermal Paste
    Power Supply660W AC Power Adapter
    Mouse Logitech G602
    Mouse Pad Razer Manticor
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo Speakers
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC68U
    matrixleader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    73

    Quote Originally Posted by Corporal View Post
    Do you actually use two physical PSUs at the same time?
    yes bro, they're both connected together using an adapter, here's an image of it:


  8. #18
    ROG Enthusiast Array matrixleader PC Specs
    matrixleader PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)EUROCOM Sky X9
    MotherboardIntel Sunrise Point Z170
    ProcessorIntel Skylake i7-6700K @ 4.2 GHz
    Memory (part number)Samsung 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 2400 MHz
    Graphics Card #1GeForce GTX 980 8.0GB GDDR5 (Desktop Version)
    Sound CardSound Blaster 3D Audio
    MonitorLG LP173WF4-SPD1 17.3" 1920x1080 IPS FHD (16:9) LED Antiglare Matte Screen with G-SYNC Technology
    Storage #12 x Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (RAID 0)
    Storage #22x Samsung Spinpoint M9T ST2000LM003 5400 RPM 32MB Cache 2TB HDD (RAID 0)
    CPU CoolerIC Diamong Thermal Paste
    Power Supply660W AC Power Adapter
    Mouse Logitech G602
    Mouse Pad Razer Manticor
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo Speakers
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC68U
    matrixleader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    73

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr4g0n36 View Post
    Nice spec but...a Little bit OT? ��
    didn't mean to go OT, I just meant that dual M.2 SSDs in RAID is possible, must be just a BIOS limitation

  9. #19
    ROG Enthusiast Array matrixleader PC Specs
    matrixleader PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)EUROCOM Sky X9
    MotherboardIntel Sunrise Point Z170
    ProcessorIntel Skylake i7-6700K @ 4.2 GHz
    Memory (part number)Samsung 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 2400 MHz
    Graphics Card #1GeForce GTX 980 8.0GB GDDR5 (Desktop Version)
    Sound CardSound Blaster 3D Audio
    MonitorLG LP173WF4-SPD1 17.3" 1920x1080 IPS FHD (16:9) LED Antiglare Matte Screen with G-SYNC Technology
    Storage #12 x Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (RAID 0)
    Storage #22x Samsung Spinpoint M9T ST2000LM003 5400 RPM 32MB Cache 2TB HDD (RAID 0)
    CPU CoolerIC Diamong Thermal Paste
    Power Supply660W AC Power Adapter
    Mouse Logitech G602
    Mouse Pad Razer Manticor
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo Speakers
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC68U
    matrixleader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    73

    Quote Originally Posted by mbuccarello View Post
    I tryed to use the win software raid but isn't good..

    but the real problem is going across other thread in this forum it seems asus have some issue with the m.2 ssd 950pro.

    Actualy you can't install the samsung nvme driver.

    I don't know if the issue is on the asus or samsung side, the technology is really young but is a crazy situation for this HIGH quality of materials!!

    I repeat, I'M NOT HAPPY, I UNDERSTOOD IS A NEW TECHNOLOGY BUT WHY DON'T DETAIL THE TYPE OF POSSIBLE RAID INSIDE THE ONLINE PDF MANUAL??!?!?!?!!?
    without installing the Samsung NVMe driver for the 950 PRO and juts using the native NVMe driver of Windows, the 950 PRO doesn't perform to its full potential.

  10. #20
    ROG Enthusiast Array matrixleader PC Specs
    matrixleader PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)EUROCOM Sky X9
    MotherboardIntel Sunrise Point Z170
    ProcessorIntel Skylake i7-6700K @ 4.2 GHz
    Memory (part number)Samsung 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 2400 MHz
    Graphics Card #1GeForce GTX 980 8.0GB GDDR5 (Desktop Version)
    Sound CardSound Blaster 3D Audio
    MonitorLG LP173WF4-SPD1 17.3" 1920x1080 IPS FHD (16:9) LED Antiglare Matte Screen with G-SYNC Technology
    Storage #12 x Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (RAID 0)
    Storage #22x Samsung Spinpoint M9T ST2000LM003 5400 RPM 32MB Cache 2TB HDD (RAID 0)
    CPU CoolerIC Diamong Thermal Paste
    Power Supply660W AC Power Adapter
    Mouse Logitech G602
    Mouse Pad Razer Manticor
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo Speakers
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC68U
    matrixleader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    73

    Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    I don't have an answer for you however raid was probably not thought to be needed with the speed of these new M.2 SSD, with the new ness of the NVMe there may be issues with trying to raid these drives? Remember RAID was a concept used with Spinner hard drives. Also I don't remember seeing any information that these notebooks natively supported RAID configurations?
    I run both my 950 PRO 512GB in RAID mode, there is no issues with it other than the fact that you won't be able to install the NVMe driver or use Samsung Magician.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •