Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

So.. in other words ASUS sell a top laptop with untested feature, less documentation and you say ok you can use the windows nvme driver?!?

I need to replicate on my laptop complex enviroment, and you say why you need a raid?

I need for doing my work fast as I can...

But actualy I CAN'T....

Also ASUS seems doesn't provide the right official information for this laptop, WHY? Asus ask more thant 2000 euro for this laptop but won't share the right details?

Next time I move my money to MSI with super raid function...

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

So.. in other words ASUS sell a top laptop with untested feature, less documentation
    What do you expect from a manufacturer that produces 3 laptop generations in a row with left USB ports not working properly out of the box.

I need for doing my work fast as I can...
    Depending on your use-case, you may not really need RAID, because other components will be a limiting factor.
    For example, I installed eclipse IDE on my Ram drive (10 GB/s), didn't see any speed benefit compared to m.2 SSD(1 GB/s).
    Try running your program from a RAM Drive, if you don't see a significant speed benefit, you won't get any better speeds on a raid either.

ROG Member Array

Ok all people in this forum are ASUS enthusiast and seems try to find different to justify ASUS about some missing important information on user manual guide or tech spec guide...

Asus didn't specify the raid is only for sata and not for M2...

If one week ago this was clear in my mind I'm pretty sure my money are used for buying an MSI with superraid.

This is my focus discussion.

Tell me why and important vendor like ASUS isn't clear when selling this top gamma laptop...

all people in this forum are ASUS enthusiast
    justify ASUS
    Are you talking about me here too? Because I'm not a brand enthusiast, and I sure as hell won't defend ASUS.
    Asus didn't specify the raid is only for sata and not for M2...
    If this is the case, you can return the laptop regardless of the return policy, because that is false advertising on ASUS's part.
    If the vendor refuses to give you your money back, consult your lawyer.

Tell me why and important vendor like ASUS isn't clear when selling this top gamma laptop...
    Why? Because they didn't have time/money to implement this feature ans still wanted to screw you over and get your money, that's why.

Banned Array

Too Bad, Asus, i'm about to become a brand enthusiast but you disappointing me again and again. Maybe Asus Should quit Gaming laptop production line. Your engineers, tbh , should go back to college and start all over again.

Your engineers seems to be here to create problem instead of solving problem and be innovative. Whats the point keeping them?

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Asus has no engineers in this forum, this is a user based forum. Were all here helping each other. m.2 and NVMe is very new to all us common users, I think you probably own the baddest notebook you have ever had, it has some issues most will be worked out some will remain. this statement is bases on my experience over the last 3.5 years and 5 generation of gaming notebook produced by Asus. So far this generation seem we don't have USB 3.0 problems Sound doesn't seem to be an issue that's an improvement. I don't see any of you complaining about over heating or Fan issues. So it seems were making progress and the prices to go with it.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Julskey's Avatar

I you're not happy with it, then return it immediately. The customer is always right. (sometimes).
    Last edited by Julskey; 12-21-2015 at 06:39 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Corporal View Post
    Are you talking about me here too? Because I'm not a brand enthusiast, and I sure as hell won't defend ASUS.

If this is the case, you can return the laptop regardless of the return policy, because that is false advertising on ASUS's part.
    If the vendor refuses to give you your money back, consult your lawyer.

Why? Because they didn't have time/money to implement this feature ans still wanted to screw you over and get your money, that's why.
    I read only justify words...

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Asus and their laptops

Asus allways had problems with their G series laptops. I have bought G73jh and i was a bit of DIY laptop to get the full potential out of it.
    And know I have bought G751JY wichhas problems with USB3.0 left ports and sound crakling when soud card come out off sleep mode.
    And Asus won't add nvme support to the bios of G751, I know the topic, trust me, it is just a matter off adding nvme driver and 3 other modules to the uefi bios.
    Multiple times I have asked support this year if they plan to add nvme for G751, and support always replys the same "They do not know anything about adding nvme support for
    G751 and they let me know if they do. Regads" In the times of G73 support was waaaaaaaaaay better then know. For my sound problem support just came up with reistalling drivers or sending laptop for repair.

So next time I buy a laptop I will not look at Asus and I suggest you do the same.

I a minute I'll ask support if they plan to add pcie ssd raid 0, 1 support for G752. I let you know what they replied.
    The forum if really a joke, no Asus tech has ever replied here, some very sparse replies to be found here are from sales office emloyes.
    Compare that to the MSI forum.
    Last edited by winyl; 12-21-2015 at 09:47 PM. Reason: smoe thoughts

I let you know what they replied
    Probably something along the lines : "We will release a new RAID 0 G752 model next year. It will have a shiny new "Super Duper RAID 0" sticker and support raid 0."
    Wouldn't be the first time ASUS sells the same hardware with a little software modification as the "new" model

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast