Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Sorry OP but can you please explain a couple of things. Firstly what work it is you do with a Lap top that requires raid 0 on stupid fast SSD protocols? I run mine hard with video and photo editing and have yet to have the SSD bandwidth, even from previous generations hold me back in the least. I do some gaming but that's not my primary use or reason for purchase. Gaming rigs just pack more punch.
    Secondly did you really pay 3000 euro for a 1700 euro machine? If the prices are that high there it would be cheaper to source elsewhere and pay import tariffs. A few hundred more gets the flagship maxed out machine.

I've been buying ASUS products for a very long time. Long before the ROG series was ever introduced or even before they enters the laptop market. I've had very few issues over the years that were always addressed eventually. Just because you don't see anyone from ASUS posting here doesn't mean they are not monitoring the forum. Exactly who do you think it is that owns the website and server the powers it? MSI? Many companies host forums and don't participate but gather information. Hell if I worked for ASUS I wouldn't participate here either with the lynch mobs steadily trolling. Nothing to gain.

ROG Member Array

Hi,

let me explain better : )

I bought a g752vt with some hardware problems, asus point change the laptop with a brand new g752 but I ask to change for g752vy.
    For this I spent 2100 euro + 400euro x2 for 2 M.2 950pro Samsung + 1Tb of ssd Samsung red 350 euro more or less : )

I working with the IBM Middleware complex software to install manage uninstall test and then install ( tried to explain in one line a normal usage behaviour)

Normaly only the IBM application server is around without fixpack 1.2gb of jar and zip files with an average size between 512kb 2mb, in installation process could take 10 - 15 min without a fixpack. For complex product based on this midleware the installation process could take over 2 3 hour and on a laptop also more than 4hour and the high amount of IO can't give any way to work on the laptop when the installation is going.
    Also you must keep in mind if you need to enable some developer feature, all the system and memory cache provided by the middler are disabled so the IO process is intensive and you spent more time in wait instead of to develop and work.

This is one of the normal work problem I'm facing normaly during my work.

And just for your information I'm an expert in all problem related to perfornance for web application / middleware and if I say I need more speed on my laptop to do my work better is not a casual requirement.

I hope this could clear the difference between me and a "trolling" person.

I repeat I bought for work not for gaming.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

I've had very few issues over the years that were always addressed eventually.
    Yeah right... USB 3.0 left ports, Sound crackling, Fan rattling, Screen backlight bleeding.
    I have yet to see one statement from an ASUS rep on one of these issues (or a fix).
    USB 3.0 speeds are only fixed using modified drivers and manual provided by Gps3dx, ASUS didn't give a **** about it.

What does your statement have to do with OP's problem anyway? Do you really think ASUS will introduce a BIOS update which will enable Raid 0 support for OP's laptop? Needless to say I don't share your optimism
    doesn't mean they are not monitoring the forum.
    Even if they are monitoring, neither did they release an official statement (on the aforementioned issues concerning my model), nor did they release a fix.

1.2gb of jar and zip files with an average size between 512kb 2mb
    Check this out, maybe it will help you
    https://www.softperfect.com/products/ramdisk/

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    OS Win10 Pro 1809

Quote Originally Posted by Corporal View Post
    Yeah right... USB 3.0 left ports, Sound crackling, Fan rattling, Screen backlight bleeding.
    I have yet to see one statement from an ASUS rep on one of these issues (or a fix).
    USB 3.0 speeds are only fixed using modified drivers and manual provided by Gps3dx, ASUS didn't give a **** about it.

What does your statement have to do with OP's problem anyway? Do you really think ASUS will introduce a BIOS update which will enable Raid 0 support for OP's laptop? Needless to say I don't share your optimism

Even if they are monitoring, neither did they release an official statement (on the aforementioned issues concerning my model), nor did they release a fix.

Check this out, maybe it will help you
    https://www.softperfect.com/products/ramdisk/
    You should not make a habit of reading into something that isn't there. Personally I have zero issues with the left USB ports, have no sound rattling or backlight bleeding. Not saying they dont happen or exist, just that I havent experienced them and jsut like anything else there are always more cry babies than those who post up in a Positive manner. Thinking that all are the reflection of a few is like actually believing the reviews on NewEgg written by spoiled brats who dont even own the hardware. I said nothing about them introducing raid 0, Simply stating that the speeds available now are faster than 6 months ago when in Raid and not seeing a work related "need" for having 5Gbs read speed.

Your post only amplifies what I said about why they choose not to be active as 3/4 of the posters here lack the communication skills to have a contructive rapport.

Personally I have zero issues with the left USB ports
    What's your laptop model?
    post up in a Positive manner
    There is a lot positive about the laptop, otherwise I would return it and buy some other laptop. My G751JY is pretty awesome AFTER all the time/oil/fine tuning I invested into it.
    But why I should focus on the positive aspects of the laptop though? To make ASUS feel good? To make buyers feel good about their new laptop? That's not my job.
    In my opinion, this forum mainly exists to discuss problems and constructively criticize ASUS products so that the problems will be fixed (hopefully).
    I will be glad if one day ASUS will take time to fix the issues I mentioned (but I won't hold my breath ).
    Simply stating that the speeds available now are faster than 6 months ago when in Raid and not seeing a work related "need" for having 5Gbs read speed.
    OP is clearly dissatisfied with how Raid 0 is not working as he expected it to work. Telling him that he doesn't really need that performance is getting us nowhere.

JustinThyme PC Specs
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    OS Win10 Pro 1809

Other than asking me what laptop models I have the rest of your post is hot air.

G74SX
    G751JL
    G751JY
    G752VY on the way.

Should I also list all of my desktop mother boards? None of it proves anything. To post that you don't see a point in posting up positive things and feel this board is only to cry only further proves my point.

the rest of your post is hot air.
    Would you care to elaborate?

JustinThyme PC Specs
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    OS Win10 Pro 1809

Elaborate on what? Your endless baiting and trolling?
    Not to mention your expert use of multi quotes while trying your best to make yourself look good?

only further proves my point.
    your post is hot air.
    Your endless baiting and trolling?
    You keep making statements, yet you do little to support them. I'm eager to hear you support your claims.
    For a start, please do explain why criticizing the shortcomings of a product is "baiting and trolling".

just that I havent experienced them and jsut like anything else there are always more cry babies than those who post up in a Positive manner.
    Did I get that correctly that you call customers who have problems with their ASUS products "cry babies"?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast