cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JH - internal display not detected at BIOS and with CSM!

Evengard
Level 7
I have a weird problem - my notebook became "tethered".

Don't know why, but the internal display isn't detected at early boot times. It is completely black on BIOS tests. Even more, the notebook will hang at the startup if there is no external monitor connected to it!
After Windows boots, the display is successfully detected and appears to be functioning right. The only thing I remarqued about this it is that in the device manager it is detected as a "Non-PnP Monitor", whereas it was always a "PnP Monitor".

If I start the notebook in CSM -> Enabled mode, the display isn't detected even at Windows. Disabling Fast Boot doesn't affect.

All of this started after EVGA Precision install. Of course I removed it just after I saw all of that, but this problem persists.

After booting with the external display, I can detach it and the notebook doesn't have any problem... Until the next reboot. Even the sleep mode works correctly. Only boot time is a problem.

What the hell is going on? How to fix it?
1 REPLY 1

Evengard
Level 7
Something changed, not sure what made it at least "unthethered" again, or some magic, or the fact that I disabled Fast Boot but didn't enabled "CSM" in BIOS - but now at least it boots with internal display only.

I still can't access BIOS or Boot Menu with the Internal Display only - only with help of an external one. And I don't like that... What is going on exactly?!