cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX Need SATA cable for secondary drive.

ICEverfrost
Level 7
G74SX
Intel Core I7 - 2670QM 2.2GHz
12GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTW 560M

C: - 180GB (Not sure where this drive is physically located???
😧 - 500GB (Secondary HDD 1st slot)

I got a new SSD drive to replace my C:, but now I'm not sure where it is located since my 😧 is in the 1st slot, and the 2nd is empty.

I'd like to add the SSD drive in the 2nd extra hard drive slot, however I have lost/trashed the SATA cable needed to connect it to the motherboard.

Part Number: 60-N56HD1000-D02 (image attached)

I've found records of it being sold on EBay and 3rd parties, but nothing for quite some time.

I need one of two solutions:

1) Where can I buy this part?

2) Where is my C: physically located? Is it possible to replace this other drive with a 2.5" drive? (I'm assuming no since I cannot find it.)

Thanks for any help and information you can provide.
3 REPLIES 3

Pandur
Level 10
Have you checked with Asus support if they can point you in the direction of whoever sells spare parts in your area? I know I can order stuff like this from a company in Sweden since I'm located in Scandinavia.
Asus ROG G55VW:
CPU: i7 3630QM
GFX: Geforce GTX660M with 2GB ram
RAM: 2x8Gb 2133MHz Kingston HyperX Impact (surprisingly the G55VW uses the 2133 X.M.P. profile)
Storage: RAID0 with 2x 256Gb Crucial SSDs (both msata, one in a sata adapter)

Pandur
Level 10
Have you checked with Asus support if they can point you in the direction of whoever sells spare parts in your area? I know I can order stuff like this from a company in Sweden.

Your C: is probably a msata ssd which is located in a special slot on the motherboard.
Asus ROG G55VW:
CPU: i7 3630QM
GFX: Geforce GTX660M with 2GB ram
RAM: 2x8Gb 2133MHz Kingston HyperX Impact (surprisingly the G55VW uses the 2133 X.M.P. profile)
Storage: RAID0 with 2x 256Gb Crucial SSDs (both msata, one in a sata adapter)

C4RN1
Level 9
There is probably only one physical drive, the hard drive is probably partitioned out to 2 logical drives.

As for the adapter you'll have to buy the parts separately, the only place you'll find them is over in Sweeden.

Here's a link to the sata adapter board
http://www.asusparts.eu/Asus-60-N56HD1000-D02

Here's a link to the 2nd hdd fcc cable
http://www.asusparts.eu/en/Asus-14G124080160

I ordered these probably 6 months ago and it took a couple months to fill the order. If you want to buy the brand new parts that I have PM me and we can work something out.