cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninterruptible power supply for the G20

dsagent
Level 7
The power in my neighborhood has been not great as of late and I want to get a Uninterruptible power supply for my G20.
I have the 760 GTX, i7 version. The issue is space since some of the UPS models are pretty huge and heavy. The other issue is I am
having trouble calculating how much power I will need.
3 REPLIES 3

dianebrat
Level 9
Even a 350VA unit will help you in the neighborhood power issues, all you really want is the ability for it to connect to the PC with USB so Windows can shut it down gracefully if the power goes out, you're not a data center so you don't need huge capacity. Stick with the bigger brands like APC or Tripp-Lite and you can't go wrong.

I picked myself up the CyberPower 685 AVR. It's pretty affordable and what I really like about it, is you can connect it VIA USB and it has software that you can set to shutdown your computer safely.

Dismal wrote:
I picked myself up the CyberPower 685 AVR. It's pretty affordable and what I really like about it, is you can connect it VIA USB and it has software that you can set to shutdown your computer safely.

You don't need their software, Windows can handle it on its own when you connect it via USB like any one of many UPSs