Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb SSD
    Storage #2Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB
    CPU CoolerZalman CNPS10X Extreme
    CaseThermaltake WingRS 201
    Power SupplyGIGABYTE ODIN Pro 1200W
    Keyboard ASUS Strix Tactic Pro
    Mouse ASUS ROG Gladius
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 64Bit

I just noticed that ASUS released a new firmware for this keyboard few days ago (29 March 2016).

I downloaded and applied new firmware. Thankfully this time it fixed the "Gaming Mode" issue when NKRO not enabled.

Oh and there is also a new updated version of Strix Software.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Aelon View Post
    I just noticed that ASUS released a new firmware for this keyboard few days ago (29 March 2016).

I downloaded and applied new firmware. Thankfully this time it fixed the "Gaming Mode" issue when NKRO not enabled.

Oh and there is also a new updated version of Strix Software.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Although, I have to say this is typical Asus, mangling the customer experience with their inept communication skills again:

1. I reported my HW-mode macro issue to them and asked them if there is a new software/firmware planned. They never told me there was one just around the corner.

2. The new 1.09.07 utility is called "Canix_Feline_V1_09_07" instead of "Strix_Software_V1.09.07"?

3. The new firmware has the version number 1.08.06 whereas the previous one is 1.09?

ROG Member Array

With that said, I'm happy to report that the issues that I've reported with the HW-mode macro are now fixed. Not sure whether it was the FW or SW update that fixed it. The SW is still a buggy mess though - many things wrong or not working properly, like renaming profiles, etc.

ROG Member Array

WTF? The Software mode now does not record the Enter keys? WTF is this mess Asus?

Edit: OK it does record them, but the Macro does not play them unless the Strix app is closed. This is really mind-boggling.
    Last edited by globalist; 05-10-2016 at 07:35 AM.

New ROGer Array

strix keyboard macros in dota2

why i cant use my macros setup for dota 2, please help me

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by globalist View Post
    Guys, users of this keyboard, have you been able to actually DELETE/unassign an on-the-fly hardware macro? I mean the one you can set up via FN + Alt/Macro Record in Hardware mode?

I have set up one of these and now I am unable to switch the keyboard to proper Software mode - I mean it IS using my software-mode macros as well, but it is completely ignoring me assigning one of them to this particular key where the HW-mode macro is set up.

Can anyone kindly advise here?

Oh, and how stupid is it that you cannot use keys such as Enter in SW-mode macros? If I could I wouln't use HW mode at all. Or, conversely, if HW mode functioned properly, I wouldn't need to use SW mode I guess.

And my last question: What is the Macro Cover toggle in the Strix Software window? It's not documented anywhere, what does it do?

Thanks!
    It's a to support this accessory has my post indicates the toggle however does nothing and the cover makes it impossible to use the Fn key, so not really missing anything.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Marcello.S PC Specs
    Marcello.S PC Specs
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus Master Z390
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-9900K
    Memory (part number)Kingston HyperX Savage 3000 CL15 2x8 GB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA nVidia GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Gaming
    MonitorASUS VG248QE w/ nVidia 3D Vision 2
    Storage #1SAMSUNG SSD 840 PRO 256 GB + 512 GB
    Storage #2Samsung nvme 970 Pro 512 GB
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR H115i PRO
    CaseCooler Master MasterCase MC500M
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM-750x w/ Premium PSU Cable Kit
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Headset Corsair HS70
    Mouse Pad ThunderX3 TMP30
    Headset/Speakers Bose Sound Link Mini
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO
    Accessory #1 APC Back-UPS 900

Sorry if I'm posting in an old thread, but it seems to fit my problem without posting a new thread for it. I have this keyboard since 3 years, macros never worked as they should, even if I link to a macro a program to launch and pressing that macro, the program simply won't start.

I updated the BIOS and software, executing a clean install but nothing. Macro only worked for a short time and then nothing. I am pretty disappointed with this keyboard, altough has a very good build quality, it lacks where its selling point hit the most: macro functionality.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Marcello.S View Post
    Sorry if I'm posting in an old thread, but it seems to fit my problem without posting a new thread for it. I have this keyboard since 3 years, macros never worked as they should, even if I link to a macro a program to launch and pressing that macro, the program simply won't start.

I updated the BIOS and software, executing a clean install but nothing. Macro only worked for a short time and then nothing. I am pretty disappointed with this keyboard, altough has a very good build quality, it lacks where its selling point hit the most: macro functionality.
    Have you already tried the latest version (v1.08.08 with FW v43)?
    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Acc...464.1476265282

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Marcello.S PC Specs
    Marcello.S PC Specs
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus Master Z390
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-9900K
    Memory (part number)Kingston HyperX Savage 3000 CL15 2x8 GB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA nVidia GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Gaming
    MonitorASUS VG248QE w/ nVidia 3D Vision 2
    Storage #1SAMSUNG SSD 840 PRO 256 GB + 512 GB
    Storage #2Samsung nvme 970 Pro 512 GB
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR H115i PRO
    CaseCooler Master MasterCase MC500M
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM-750x w/ Premium PSU Cable Kit
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Headset Corsair HS70
    Mouse Pad ThunderX3 TMP30
    Headset/Speakers Bose Sound Link Mini
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO
    Accessory #1 APC Back-UPS 900

Yes I tried, unfortunately the macro keys are messed up. If I assign to M1 a program to launch, the keyboard starts to type a macro combination that I assigned long ago.
    So basically my keyboard is somehow refusing to register new macro keys assignement and is stuck with M1 (even though in the software the M1 is not assigned to a macro combination) typing that macro combination.

Oddly enough if I assign that macro combination to another macro key, this won't work.

Ex-employee Array

You should try to delete and reset all the profiles. Also maybe try uninstalling software then use CC Cleaner to clean the registry before reinstalling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast