cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia GTX980ti Water Cooling

celticguy75
Level 8
I've been looking (and looking and looking) at the 980ti and thinking "yum" (trying to choose between the Strix and ROG versions) but part of Future Planning is introducing water cooling.

Since most of the water blocks out there appear to be for the reference cards, and I am nervous about going to EK (For example) and buying a full board block for a 980ti and finding it won't fit properly/at all.

The Poseidon is a option, but i was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction, or provide some guidance on water cooling ROG's 980ti's (Strix or ROG)

Advice would be gratefully received.
7 REPLIES 7

Chino
Level 15
EKWB makes some top notch waterblocks especially the full cover ones for the Strix GTX 980 Ti so you have nothing to worry about. Historically they have never made full cover waterblocks for the Matrix variants. Not sure if they will surprise us this time.

As for the GTX 980 Ti Poseidon, it's pretty convenient since all you have to do is attach the fittings and tubing. As a matter of fact, I added mines to the EKWB Predator 360 and the whole installation took less than a minute.

Nate152
Hi celticguy75

I agree with Chino EK is one of if not the best companies that makes water blocks. It will fit they have a cooling configurator on their site, it comes with instructions on how to install it and you might even find a video or two on youtube if you need further help. They're not difficult to install they just take a little time at least with me, I'm pretty meticulous and if it takes an hour or two so be it.

One tip, I'm not sure what screw heads the strix 980ti has they may be phillips head and they may not, you can check and get a small magnetic screw driver set for those size of screws if you don't have one already.

Go for it show us some before and after pictures. 🙂

Vlada011
Level 10
Yes I think same, EKWB is best... Only if you look options for custom cards 70% is EKWB.
Without them customers need to choose reference model if they want watercooling.
And who need more waterblock than 200-250MHz fabric overclocked cards.
And somehow their design and solutions are attractive to most people.
I example clearly recognize European company in their solutions.

They never had full cover block for Matrix because card is A4 size, most cases can't hold so huge card with full waterblock. 😄
But Matrix with waterblock is...no comment. Special 980Ti Gold. If they launch something with little gold fonts...

EK_Luc
Level 7
celticguy75 wrote:
I've been looking (and looking and looking) at the 980ti and thinking "yum" (trying to choose between the Strix and ROG versions) but part of Future Planning is introducing water cooling.

Since most of the water blocks out there appear to be for the reference cards, and I am nervous about going to EK (For example) and buying a full board block for a 980ti and finding it won't fit properly/at all.

The Poseidon is a option, but i was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction, or provide some guidance on water cooling ROG's 980ti's (Strix or ROG)

Advice would be gratefully received.

We have a waterblock for the 980 Ti Strix. Almost every new version of the Nvidia Strix gets a block from US because Strix cards are good sellers.

Vlada011
Level 10
Yes, but GTX980Ti is best Strix model of all.
I mean on high clock, nice cooling and look.

celticguy75
Level 8
Great advice guys, very much appreciated.

I'm kinda stuck now though, because I was planning a full water loop of my system, but having major problems locating a full board waterblock for my Rampage III Black Ediiton. I wanted the EK one, but nowhere has it in stock anymore.

Any suggestions of "out of the way" places I might find one?