cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750J usb disconnecting during transfers: Drivers for Windows 10?

Delosari
Level 7
Hello everyone. I am having some issues with my devices while transferring many files via an usb connection.

I have read on the forums some users experiencing the same troubles. I have followed the advice on some users on how these might be related to the energy saving configuration in windows and the computer bios. I have used the solutions provided but I still havesome issues.

I have read as well how these problems may be related to the usb drivers. However I am not sure which are the right ones. I tried to do a clean install but I do not think you can download them from the Asus support page.

These are the drivers according to the windows device manager:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1StxIK6nSbVLo50e2_qVP37En0uUzFFonxhm0GqzNHuc/edit?usp=sharing

There are nine devices because I am using a usb hub with four additional usb drivers. (Although I disconnect it when I need to transfer files or any other heavy task). Still there are 3 repeated ones.. I wonder if anyone could share a link with the drivers I should use. I would also welcome any advice in how to deal with this usb configuration I am using...
5 REPLIES 5

kobby2k6
Level 7
Here is mine, I have no issues at all. I cleaned installed my G750JM a week ago. The only usb driver I installed was the Asus USB charger program. Everything else usb related is microsoft drivers

kobby2k6 wrote:
Here is mine, I have no issues at all. I cleaned installed my G750JM a week ago. The only usb driver I installed was the Asus USB charger program. Everything else usb related is microsoft drivers

Hello kobby2k6. Thank you very much for your reply and happy new year !

I see that you have, unlike myself, installed the Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller. Moreover, that driver sys file seems to be related to the asus charger controllers (AiCharger.sys)

I have installed the Asus usb charger (from the windows 8 drivers Asus G750JX) but this driver still does not appear on the list.

I have tried to uninstall the drivers from the device manager (all of the USB controlers) but still not solution.

Finally I tried to install the Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host but I cannot find a version compatible with windows 10...

Any advice?

BVr77
Level 7
just remember one thing: "there's no Intel USB 3.0 drivers for Win 8 to Win 10" it's directly integrated in Windows by Microsoft.
so your PB isn't coming from the driver.
you have a bad usb detection in Windows, may be it's because you tried to install different usb drivers.
your laptop use USB3 port and the right name in device manager should be "XHCI" not "EHCI" who is for usb2 port.
so delete all the entry with "EHCI" and "generic usb hub"
the right one are : "Intel USB 3.0" and "USB root hub (xHCI)"and are provide directly by Microsoft windows.
FYI: the last Asus USB charger+ driver is V4.1.6 and on my laptop "AICharger.sys" version is: 2.0.0.3

i hope you understand what i mean, i'm not English so...

Hi,

try to read the discussion in the G751 forum:

Thread: G751 - Problem with USB3.0 ports (left side) and external HD... anyone else? - from page 19 on...

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?p=539663#post539663

and then see my comment on page 23.
May it works also for you...

up 🙂