cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G Series bluetooth audio test feedback thread.

Paco572
Level 7
This thread will get to the bottom of this issue. Please test your Android or iOS Bluetooth device and see if you can stream audio through to your Laptop. Please post your results here.

I'll start things off, I have a brand new G752

Even though I can pair my devices, iPod 6th Gen, iPad, iPod 4th Gen, no go.
I have latest Bluetooth Drivers from intel. Confirmed through tech support.
Devices show up as an audio "Multimedia device" in the "Device and Printers " section and have no errors to speak off including the device manger. No indication of A2DP (the absolute minimum) support in the services section provided by the intel Properties Bluetooth Drivers support tab. To make a long story short, No it doesn't work.

THX
PACO572

As a side note: I have another thread in which this issue was looked at, I've asked for that thread to be closed and a general testing be conducted to get to the bottom of this issue. So just try to stream audio to your laptop and report back here, and hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it see if a driver update is needed to solve the issue. Tech support will be watching this thread.
9 REPLIES 9

Paco572
Level 7
My G752 in the specifications reports it supports Bluetooth v4.0 and v4.1
It should support at least the following,
Bluetooth 4.0 + EDR, Class 2 - A2DP & AVRCP - Audio/Video Remote Control Profile - aptX: the inclusion of aptX audio codec

PACO572

Corporal
Level 9
No, it doesn't work. It works of my 2 older laptops with other bluetooth adapters (duh), but not on my G751JY.
Tech support will be watching this thread.

Hahahaha you think they will? You obviously are new here 😉
ASUS won't even fix a real issue that affects both G751 and G752 (or even make a statement)
->https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?59248-G751-Sound-Crackling-Thread-(The-one-thread-to-rule-...
I have a brand new G752

I'm pretty sure that ASUS will never implement this feature/fix the lack of it. You can either live with it, return it, or buy another wifi+bluetooth card and install it

No, they have told me they will fix this if I can pin point it, beyond that, will see, but thanks for the heads up, and for the kind response.

PACO572

Taken from the Microsoft website:

Supported Bluetooth profiles
For a Bluetooth enabled device or accessory to work with your PC that’s running Windows 10, the device needs to use one of the supported Bluetooth profiles below. To find out what profiles your Bluetooth device supports, check the documentation that came with it or visit the manufacturer’s website.

Windows 10 supports Bluetooth version 4.1 and the following Bluetooth user profiles:
Bluetooth LE Generic Attribute (GATT) Client
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP 1.2)
Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP 1.3)
Dial-up Networking Profile (DUN 1.1)
Device ID Profile (DI 1.3)
Hardcopy Cable Replacement Profile (HCRP 1.0)
Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.5)
Human Interface Device (HID 1.1)
HID over GATT Profile (HOGP 1.0)
Object Push Profile (OPP 1.1)
Personal Area Networking User Profile (PANU 1.0)
Serial Port Profile (SPP 1.2)
-------------------------------
It looks like it's going to be a driver issue. A2DP is supported, Bluetooth v4.1

Please test your Android or iOS device to see if you can stream audio via Bluetooth to your ROG G series laptop. Report here.

THX
PACO572

Corporal
Level 9
No, it doesn't work. It works of my 2 older laptops with other bluetooth adapters (duh), but not on my G751JY.
Tech support will be watching this thread.

Hahahaha you think they will? You obviously are new here 😉
ASUS won't even fix a real issue that affects both G751 and G752 (or even make a statement)
->https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?59248-G751-Sound-Crackling-Thread-(The-one-thread-to-rule-...
I have a brand new G752

I'm pretty sure that ASUS will never implement this feature/fix the lack of it. You can either live with it, return it, or buy another wifi+bluetooth card and install it

Corporal
Level 9
No, it doesn't work, never has (and never will, because Intel/ASUS don't give a damn).

For what it's worth, here are some photos, showing the phone paired to both the G751JY and an old Lenovo T60, and the difference in available services:

Proof of function on Lenovo T60:

Paco572
Level 7
Thanks, need a few more testers to confirm.

PACO572

After many hours of debugging I have finally found the issue. The Intel Bluetooth Driver is missing critical driver components specifically the "MAP MAS iOS" driver and the "Wirelesss iAP" drivers which effectively cripples all apple devices from connecting fully through Bluetooth making it impossible to stream audio from your apple device through your ROG Asus equipped Intel dual band wireless-ac 7260 bluetooth chipset. So far this effects Intel dual band wireless-ac 7260 bluetooth chipsets as I mentioned but may effect thousands of others. If I had known this I would have never bought this computer. This is such BS it goes well beyond the scope of normal behavior by any company. My computers bluetooth is crippled, End of story.

PACO572